JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4630
Job Title: general practitioner طبيب ممارس عام
Application deadline: 08.03.2021
- Medical doctor with post graduate training in pediatrics / child health / family medicine
- Must have at least 2-4 year professional experience working with child health in a clinical setting
- Preferably have at least 1 year experience working in humanitarian or development contexts. Previous emergency response, conflict/post-conflict experience preferred
- Very good written and spoken English along with fluent Arabic and/or Kurdish
- Must have excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a dynamic environment
- Ability to Multi-task
- Must have the ability to work effectively with various personalities and departments
The organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer which considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
The organization encourages women to work with us to reach the neediest people in need of humanitarian assistance, such as women, widows and children. We are committed to providing a decent work environment that takes into account the needs of women in the workplace, such as maternity leave and safety protocols that take into account the special needs of women in the field.
- Provide high quality clinical care to children and adolescents, with a focus on children under five years of age
- Able to work with different types of age groups that includes, babies, children and adolescents
- Screen and treat different developmental growth stages
- Treat all types of infectious childhood diseases
- Ability to deal with matters ranging from a case of acne to a child’s ongoing battle with muscular dystrophy.
- Able to provide a diagnosis based on visual and auditory indicators.
- Track immunization schedules and refer children to the appropriate provider of vaccination within the camp
- Communicate well with both children and parents.
- Provide detailed explanations of treatment course options and assuage fears.
- Advise patients, parents or guardians and community members concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical history, reports, and examination results.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients and parents or guardians.
- Monitor patients’ condition and progress and re-evaluate treatments as necessary.
The general practitioner (doctor) is responsible for providing high quality primary level health care to children and adolescents, particularly children under five years of age. The paediatrician will treat a wide range of patients with a high case load of infection diseases and provide health education to children and their families on key health topics. This position is based within the organization’s Maternal and Child Health Clinic in Al Hol camp. Maternal health and mental health services are also offered in this clinic, and the pediatrician may easily refer patients and their family members to the appropriate providers.
This position reports to the Al Hol- health manager.
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
Duty Station: Al Hol Camp
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Go to the below link and fill out the spaces with needed information and then submit your application. Make sure you attach supported document (PDF-Word).
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.