The code of the position (NES-DRK-MHPS-0112)
Job Title: MHPSS Technical Supervisor مشرف تقني للصحة العقلية والدعم النفسي الاجتماعي
Application deadline: 7-Mar-21
Knowledge and Experience:
- University degree, preferably in Education psychology, Sociology or relevant medical field or related field of study preferable
- 4 years related field with experience.
- Experience working in the MHPSS field preferable
- NGO experience is a plus
- Has worked as counselor supervisor
- Ability to train MHPSS teams on technical areas.
- Ability to work independently and responsibly.
- Experience working with vulnerable groups.
- Must submit copies of highest educational qualifications received and present original upon interview
- Having excellent analytic and interpretation skill of data to track performance against program indicators
- Fluent English and Arabic writing and reading skills essential
- Clear understanding of mental disorders prevention and treatment.
- Field work understanding/experience
- Willingness to travel to the site locations
- Openness to working with displaced communities
- Excellent in translation.
- Good communication skills , negotiation and writing skills
- Experience working in the social service field, as a School Counsellor or with a Psychological background (min 4 years’ experience).
- Experience working with MHPSS, protection or case management in a humanitarian setting preferable
- Experience in MHPSS Programming in emergency situations preferable
- Excellent English, Arabic and/or Kurdish communication skills.
- Cultural Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of different sectors of the community.
- Good literacy, numeracy, and record keeping skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently and responsibly.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within MRFS and amongst beneficiaries served by MRFS.
- The MHPSS Technical Supervisor will provide technical supervision in group and individual settings. The person is responsible for training and supervising all paraprofessionals/ professionals holding regular individual sessions (2 sessions per month per Team Leader) and attend 4 group supervision sessions per month as well as case discussions in each of his/her responsible locations.
- Ensure that Team leaders implement the programs activities at their sites and utilize quality MHPSS protocols as advised by MHPSS Manager.
- Develop and strengthen Mental Health referral systems with partners.
- Implement staff care activities by using recommended approaches and promote peer to peer support supervision in all staff.
- The MHPSS Technical Supervisor is responsible for providing technical input and feedback to all related MHPSS services or activities for any and all related projects.
- Lead in organizing online/remote training seminars and guide book sessions including MHPSS intervention and techniques to be distributed to all MHPSS field teams meet the highest quality of global standards.
- The MHPSS Technical Supervisor is responsible for assessing staff capacity, development and delivery of trainings and follow up on MHPSS approaches and topics as well as Mental Health related best practice topics. This will take shape in both formal and informal trainings in close collaboration with MHPSS Manager.
- Support and conduct training of case workers, community outreach workers, and ensure the management of a teams in all locations.
- The MHPSS Technical Supervisor is responsible for providing TOT support staff with on the job coaching and mentoring
- Supporting MHPSS Team Leaders and staff in trainings and supervision visits and calls
- Supporting MHPSS in trainings and supervision visits.
- Supporting the facilitation of group support,psychoeducation and peer to peer groups
- Review and discuss case documentation with MHPSS staff
- Being a part of the case discussions and provide suggestions for the interventions as needed.
- Use of various tools to mentor the MHPSS Team leaders on supervision help to develop their competencies in a reflective manner.
- Support MHPSS team leaders and MHPSS in relevant multicultural MHPSS topics and events within the targeted communities.
- Support community-based activities implementation with beneficiaries.
- The MHPSS Technical Supervisor will be assigned the responsibility for being a focal person for PSW Community mobilizers in different geographical areas. Here he/she will provide remote supervision and go in the field to support team leader, PSW staff when possible, provide needed supervision through phone calls and or regular visits. The division of geographical areas is subject to regular revision and change.
- Act as the link between the MRFS multidisciplinary team and the affected population at community level by reporting community comments or complaints, and by spreading information and performing community mobilization
MHPSS Working group coordination
With supervision of MHPSS Manager, the technical supervisor will:
- Support the overall of the coordination of the group.
- Update the service mapping for the working group
- Attend meetings for MHPSS working group, Health working group, Protection, CAAFAG, PSEA , Inter Agency working group and taskforces in line with MHPSS and provide brief report to manager on action points
- Follow-up with partners to submit monthly reports, activity tracker, MHSS service mapping (4Ws), execution of working group assignments etc.
- Support interagency trainings and mobilisation of participants and needed logistics.
- Communicate to partners as under instruction from MHPSS Manager on meetings and other relevant correspondences.
- Support training of partners in different areas at working group levels as directed by the manager.
- As directed by the MHPSS Manager, the MHPSS Technical supervisor may be assigned other duties depending on capacity and experience.
Advertiser: Medical Relief for Syria
MRFS is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
Duty Station: Derik Office
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to MRFS email: email@example.com
- Please indicate the code of the position (NES-DRK-MHPS-0112) in the Subject line.
- CVs without the subject line “NES-DRK-MHPS-0112 ” will not be considered.
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.