JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4708
Job Title: Structural Engineer Assistant مساعد مهندس إنشائي
Application deadline: 23.03.2021
- Degree in Engineering (civil engineering or construction engineering)
- Previous experience in construction and/or shelter rehabilitation or other relevant private sector construction experience.
- Experience in monitoring construction and managing contractors is desirable
- Previous experience in humanitarian organisations is preferable.
- Familiarity with minimum shelter standards (eg., Sphere)
- Excellent communication skills in Arabic, good written and spoken English
- Willingness to travel regularly to project sites across North East Syria and to supervise on-site construction activities on a regular, often daily basis.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values
- Strong sense of security management and willingness to follow security guidelines and regulations
- Support the Shelter programme team to develop and refine shelter rehabilitation selection criteria.
- Undertake technical assessments of occupied and unoccupied shelter units (unfinished buildings and partially damaged homes); prepare bills of quantities for rehabilitation that meet minimum standards in line with the Shelter Working Group’s guidelines and Sphere standards.
- Ensure the views and needs of relevant beneficiaries (home-owners, landlords and resident families) are incorporated into technical assessments and BoQs.
- Participate in the resolution of any conflicts that may arise between the contractor and home-owners, landlords and resident families as required.
Advertiser: كونسيرن – Concern WorldWide
Duty Station: Raqqa
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please fill out the form on the following link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.