JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4719
Job Title: Partnerships Manager مدير الشراكات
Application deadline: 31.03.2021
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline.
- Excellent professional fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic essential.
- At least four years’ work experience in partner and/or grant management for humanitarian programs.
- Proven capacity to communicate, coordinate and negotiate among diverse partners and stakeholders.
- Demonstrable understanding of project planning and management cycles. Experience working with health and protection projects considered an asset.
- Demonstrated successful experience in donor reporting and compliance for key donors. Previous experience with ECHO, GFFO, FCDO or USAID is highly regarded.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements.
- Ability to work well under pressure, problem-solve and build consensus.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly in Word and Excel.
– The organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer which considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
– The organization encourages women to work with us to reach the neediest people in need of humanitarian assistance, such as women, widows and children. We are committed to providing a decent work environment that takes into account the needs of women in the workplace, such as maternity leave and safety protocols that take into account the special needs of women in the field.
Partner Identification and Vetting
- Support a partnership mapping processes, work closely with the program units to identify selection criteria and make sure selection is transparent and well documented.
- Effectively represent the organization through partner scoping meetings
- Lead vetting and due diligence processes for potential partners
- Lead the management of competitive partner selection processes, as necessary.
- In coordination with other departments, lead the partner capacity review process, identify potential risks and action mitigation measures as appropriate.
- Draft sub-award agreements and follow organization internal process to ensure that the appropriate funding mechanism is identified for each sub-award, and that appropriate special conditions are incorporated in each award.
- Liaise with organization’s units to collect inputs on partners’ project proposals and work collaboratively with partners to finalize project descriptions, budgets, work plans and monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Develop agenda and materials for grant opening meetings, brief sub-award partners on agreements, and the organization and prime donors’ rules and regulations.
- Serve as the communication focal point to partners, maintaining a close and positive working relationship at all times .
- Lead in conducting review meetings with partners and follow up on the implementation of action points.
- Review partners’ contractual reports, coordinate internal feedback, and escalate any issues as relevant.
- Develop and process sub-award amendments in a timely manner .
- Organize sub-awards close-out meetings and support the partners in the closing process, ensuring that all requirements are met.
- Assist the Grants and Partnership Coordinators on preparing management response and plan of actions of Internal and/or External audit and follow up on all sub-award compliance issues and audits and document resolutions.
- Maintain partner files, including filing all appropriate communication and maintaining the Sub-Award Tracker, capturing all requirements throughout the sub-award life cycle .
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Grants and Partnership Coordinator
Other Internal and/or external contacts: the position regularly corresponds and attends meetings with external and internal audiences, thus a strong ability to communicate and maintain positive working relationships is highly desirable for this position.
Internal: Technical Coordinators, Grants and Partnerships Department Staff, Finance team, Supply Chain team, MEAL team, MENA Regional team (NY, UK, Amman), HQ Awards Management Unit focal points and relevant organization MENA Technical Units
External: Partner staff, occasional coordination meetings with other INGOs; Relevant stakeholders, both GO and INGO, and NES NGOs.
Job Overview/Summary: Under the supervision of the Grants and/or Partnerships Coordinator, the Partnerships Manager is responsible for the end-to-end management of organization’s partner relationships in line with organization’s global Partnership Excellence for Equality and Results System (PEERS). This includes supporting program teams in the identification, vetting, contracting, monitoring and support of all local partners for the NES team. The Partnerships Manager will coordinate the daily management of the sub-award lifecycle and invest in the sustainable growth and capacity for the NES portfolio. The role will require travel within NES, and the capacity to understand a range of technical areas. Strong partner reporting and financial oversight skills will be key, as well as excellent organization and coordination skills.
Band / Level / Grade: 7B
Department: Grants and Partnerships Department, NES
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
Duty Station: Derik, North East Syria
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Go to the below link and fill out the spaces with needed information and then submit your application. Make sure you attach supported document (PDF-Word). CVs MUST be in English Only.
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.