JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4720
Job Title: Senior Partnership Finance Officer مسؤول مالية الشراكات أقدم
Application deadline: 31.03.2021
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Three-four years’ of relevant work experience in financial and sub-award/partner management, and/or grant management for humanitarian programs.
- Proven capacity to communicate and coordinate and among diverse partners and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated successful experience in donor reporting and compliance for key donors. Previous experience with ECHO, GFFO, FCDO or USAID is highly regarded.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements.
- Ability to work well under pressure, problem-solve and build consensus.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Excel. Experience with SUN Systems an added advantage
- Excellent professional fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic essential.
– The organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer which considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
– The organization encourages women to work with us to reach the neediest people in need of humanitarian assistance, such as women, widows and children. We are committed to providing a decent work environment that takes into account the needs of women in the workplace, such as maternity leave and safety protocols that take into account the special needs of women in the field.
- Ensure proactive communication with partners on the submission of their financial reports according to terms of their sub-awards. Ensure tracking of financial report submission, communicating delays to the Senior Partnerships Finance Manager and Partnership Managers
- Conduct verification and validation of partner financial reports in accordance with the partnership agreement and donor regulations, providing feedback to partners as necessary and flagging any compliance and financial management issues to the organization management.
- Liaise with partner organizations to ensure completeness, correctness and accuracy of financial reports according to the PEERS system, organization policies and donors regulations.
- Submit summary of reported expenditures and spending plans to Program Coordinator-Sub-Awards and Technical Coordinators, outlining follow-up steps.
- Ensure partner financial reports are approved (by the appropriate authority within organization, preparing the Journal Voucher, fully coded and submitting to the NES Finance Department for posting.
- Review and prepare partner payment requests (advances and reimbursements). Ensure timely follow-up on the status of payments release, tracking them and informing partners in a timely manner on the status of the payments. Follow up with Finance and sub-awardees focal points to confirm transfer and receipt of payments respectively.
- Reconcile partner advances on a monthly basis, informing the Senior Partnerships Finance Manager on all over-due, unliquidated advances.
- Ensure that a sound, accurate and organized archiving system is in place, both hard and soft (electronic) copies for all financial reports and their supporting documents.
- Review all sub-awardee budget modifications (both budget and budget narratives) in coordination with Senior Partnerships Finance Manager, technical coordinators, and Partnerships Manager ensuring clear action points for follow-up are communicated.
- Provide support to the management by tracking all partner budgets, BVAs and financial reporting deliverables, inform Senior Partnerships Finance manager and the Program focal points of any potential issues with spending and financial reporting, and proactively work with partners to agree steps to address any issues identified in their spending.
- Support in the preparation of internal finance reporting.
- Work with Senior Partnerships Finance Manager and Finance team to address issues that arise from both internal and external audits related to partners .
- Liaise with programs to ensure the consistency between partners’ narrative reports and financial reports.
Partner Support & Capacity Strengthening
- Ensure Partner Project Capacity Review (PPCR) is conducted for all new potential partners, as well as update the PPCR for all existing partners as required .
- Provide technical support to potential and current partners to ensure proposal budgets and budget narratives meet organization and donor requirements within set deadlines for submission.
- Provide support in preparation and conduct of financial trainings for partner organizations.
- Liaise with partner organizations on regular basis to provide program support in areas of finance.
- Provide support to finance and program colleagues on PEERS requirements and procedures.
- Conduct financial monitoring and spot check visits to partner offices in accordance with organization requirements and standards.
- Take the lead on the finance and compliance section of the Grant Opening, Review and Closing meetings, making sure that the partners are fully aware of donor regulations, all financial reporting requirements in terms of required documentation, reporting templates and deadlines.
- Support in the drafting of financial and compliance monitoring reports and response plans after each monitoring visit when needed.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Senior Partnerships Finance Manager
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Partnerships Finance Manager
Position Directly Supervises: Partnership Finance Assistant
Other Internal and/or external contacts: the position regularly corresponds and attends meetings with external and internal audiences, thus a strong ability to communicate and maintain positive working relationships is highly desirable for this position.
Internal: Technical Coordinators, Grants and Partnerships Department Staff, Finance team, Supply Chain team, MEAL team,
External: Partner staff, occasional coordination meetings with other INGOs; Relevant stakeholders, both GO and INGO, and NES NGOs.
Job Overview/Summary: Under the supervision of the Senior Partnerships Finance Manager, the Senior Partnership Finance Officer is responsible for the effective review of partner finance reports and documentation as well as providing close support to partner finance staff in in line with organization’s global Partnership Excellence for Equality and Results System (PEERS). The Partnership Finance Officer will support in preparing of organization internal reports and analysis, payment requests and monitoring of partner financial and accounting systems.
Band / Level / Grade:
Department: Grants and Partnerships Department, NES
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
Duty Station: Derik, North East Syria
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Go to the below link and fill out the spaces with needed information and then submit your application. Make sure you attach supported document (PDF-Word). CVs MUST be in English Only.
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.