JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4755
Job Title: Nutrition Coordinator
Application deadline: 09.04.2021
- Bachelor’s degree with leadership skills and four years of experience in the humanitarian sector, with at least two years of experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrable commitment to promoting the children’s right to Nutrition.
- Experience in project planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting. Good skills in budgeting.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated decision-making skills.
- Highly motivated, active, self-starter who can take initiative.
- Demonstrated commitment to improving the lives of children in the camps and community.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and presentation skills, and capacity to maintain relations with community leaders, community member members, children and youth.
- Strong understanding of the situation of children in rural and urban communities.
- Excellent understanding of the complexity of local governance structures in NE Syria and other local stakeholders.
- Ability to travel independently, including to rural communities and willingness to change work practices and hours and spend time in the field, sometimes in difficult conditions and with limited resources.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), strong Kurdish/Arabic skills, written and spoken.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, including Outlook for email).
- Commitment to and understanding of The organization’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches.
- Previous programme designing experience
- Prepare planning documents (detailed implementation plan, phased budget, HR plan, procurement plan) for his/her locations for the new awards.
- Facilitate regular team meetings, with the support of the Nutrition Specialist, and ensure effective coordination between team members and with other sectors.
- Undertake regular visits to the activities to supervise sessions and provide feedback and support.
- Ensure effective community engagement, outreach, and the establishment and running of community-based Nutrition mechanisms.
- Ensure all activities comply with all relevant The organization policies and procedures, including child safeguarding, confidentiality and do no harm principles.
- Ensure all Nutrition activities are in line with The organization quality standards and NES and SRO approaches.
- Contribute to the donor reporting.
- Develop monthly work plans for the team.
- Provide an accurate context and needs analysis on Nutrition that support programme design.
- Supervise and manage team to ensure that the Nutrition activities are implemented effectively, in line with The organization’s quality standards and approaches.
- Responsible for submitting all logistical requirements for the specified locations to the Camp and/or Communities Manager on a regular basis.
- Responsible for maintaining administrative files and all programme documentation, in compliance with donor requirements and internal standards.
MEAL and reporting
- Ensure attendance databases are updated daily.
- Work with IM and MEAL teams to ensure data collection is conducted according to The organization SOP.
- Ensure the implementation of quality assurance tools.
- Contribute in preparing quality and timely reports for donors and management, as per the internal and external requirements.
- Ensure effective monitoring in the assigned location and responsible for implementing feedback and recommendations.
Staff leadership, mentorship, and development
- Working closely with the HR team, and in coordination with the Nutrition Specialist, ensure timely recruitment, induction and training of new staff.
- Together with the Nutrition Specialist, provide guidance and oversight for the Nutrition team in the specified location, ensuring that staff achieve the program’s expected results on time and within quality standards.
- Identify learning and training opportunities for The organization staff and work as a mentor for less experienced staff.
- Develop performance objectives with the Nutrition Officers and provide regular feedback, one-to-ones and performance reviews and support Supervisors to implement performance management initiatives with their staff.
- Support child protection mainstreaming through induction and trainings of non-Nut staff
Representation and coordination
- Establish and maintain a strong relationship and liaise with local stakeholders.
- Ensure safe referrals for the cases identified with Nutrition concerns.
- Represent The organization in all relevant camp coordination meetings.
Nothing to Mention.
Duty Station: Al-Hasaka ) AlHol Camp)
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.