JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4831
Job Title: logistics assistant مساعد لوجستيك
Application deadline: 01.05.2021
- University degree, preferably in business management or related fields.
- At least 1-2 years of work experience in Supply Chain; 1 year of previous NGO experience in Supply Chain preferred.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the Syrian context.
(a) Personal Characteristics:
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Process and Policy Oriented.
- Attention to details.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently.
- Trustworthy, reliability, openness and ability respond rapidly to queries.
- Problem solving abilities.
(b) Professional Characteristics:
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the Syrian context, including geographical, political and security aspects.
- Organized, results and detailed oriented, proactive.
- Team player and good communication skills.
- Strong computer competency with word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and other IT skills.
- Possess leadership qualities and willing to exercise initiative.
- Willingness to travel regularly.
- Good command in English and local/national languages.
- Able to receive critics.
- Resistant to Stress.
- Willingness to travel regularly to field sites.
- English and Arabic required; Kurdish is a plus.
The organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
WE encourage women to work with us to reach the neediest people in need of humanitarian assistance, such as women, widows and children. We are committed to providing a decent work environment that takes into account the needs of women in the workplace, such as maternity leave and safety protocols that take into account the special needs of women in the field.
- Understand, implement and / or maintain standard organization inventory management policies and procedures.
- Hold a meeting with the Supply Chain team at Hassakah/Derek to reconcile Asset Register to make sure that information is correct, and nothing is found missing.
- Conduct routine inventory inspection and submit report to the Supply Chain Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Conduct monthly stock reconciliation making sure that bin card balances, ledger balances and physical balances are matched.
Transportation / Fleet
- Manage fleet at Raqqa.
- Implement the organization Cross border vehicle policy for rental vehicles/drivers.
- Implement and direct organization standard vehicle policies and procedures, with particular attention to safety and security issues; ensure vehicle inspections for safe working order is done on weekly/monthly basis.
- Manage, evaluate and monitor drivers.
- Coordinate with program teams to submit staff movement plan enabling fleet unit to schedule vehicles for planned activities.
- Prepare the weekly movement plans for all staff in a proper, efficient and effective way.
- Ensures the drivers are aware of their movements and plans.
- Ensure that log sheet record for all rented vehicles is filed in sequential order to produce auditors when required.
- Maintain complete record of drivers’ leaves and overtime according to vehicle policy.
- Ensure vehicles are well maintained, hygiene, fully equipped with tools and full official documentations are valid and available.
- Collect all fleet related information (Logbooks, fuel, accidents, etc…) and provide them to the team in Derek to prepare all fleet reports.
- Maintain record for office/guesthouse supplies needs following minimum maximum level mechanism.
- Perform and document routine inspections and maintenance activities at office/guesthouse premises.
- Ensure maintenance of safe and sanitary working and living environment at office and guesthouse.
- Support in the set-up plan of new office or guesthouse.
- Ensure stock cleanliness and supply designated facility areas (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, and cleaning ceiling vents) both at office and guest house premises .
- Supervise cleaners and ensure dusting, wiping, washing of external surfaces of cupboards and shelves.
- Ensure consumable items (soap, toilet rolls, and paper towels) are replenished when required.
- Keep a check on cleaning materials and re-order through the supervisor.
- Ensure toilets, urinals, hand basins, sinks, baths, showers and drinking fountains are clean.
- Ensure bed sheet/pillow covers are replaced and washed.
- Providing regular written reports of status of equipment and supplies.
- Supervise cook and ensure lunch is prepared and ready on time .
- Communicates with the cook about how to improve meal service.
- Manage and cover all minor maintenance needs in organization’s field sites, office and guesthouses in Raqqa governorate.
- Monitor generator and support roving generator mechanical officer requests regarding generators in Raqqa.
- Undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Facilities, warehouse and assets officer.
Indirect Reporting: Field Coordinator.
Position directly supervises cleaners, cook.
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Program teams, Finance, MEAL, HR and Supply Chain Team– Raqqa FC
External: Suppliers, service providers, supply chain focal points in other organizations, and local authorities.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The logistics assistant will be responsible to play a vital role in managing logistics activities related to the field offices in Raqqa. He/she will be responsible to ensure that organization standards are met assuring maximum support to all thematic areas operational in Raqqa and its adjacent locations. He/she will be responsible for the following activities: facility management, warehousing, asset management and transportation making sure that nothing is deviating to organization’s policies and donors’ specific obligations.
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
Duty Station: Raqqa
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Go to the below link and fill out the spaces with needed information and then submit your application. Make sure you attach supported document (PDF-Word).
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.