JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 5029
Job Title: Protection Officer (Re-advert)
Application deadline: 13/06/2021
Duty Station: RAQ
- University degree in Social Sciences or another related field.
- A high standard of written and verbal English is essential.
- Knowledge of and experience conducting trainings in; Child Protection, GBV minimum standards, principles of protection mainstreaming and safeguarding.
- Experience in working with children, adolescents and families who have complex needs.
- Strong leadership skills and experience in managing a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and nonviolent communication skills.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Commitment to our organisation equal opportunity and gender practices.
- Flexibility under pressure and in response to changing needs.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Former NGO work experience is highly desired.
We are a non-governmental, international, humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries. We response to the Syria crisis started in April 2013. We currently have Protection Programming across five locations, in North East Syria. Which includes; Child- Friendly Spaces, caregiver awareness sessions, child protection case management, cash for protection, protection mainstreaming and referrals.
The Protection Officer will be responsible for overseeing our Protection Activities in Raqqa. Under the guidance of the Protection Manager, the Protection Officer will provide supervision to Protection Assistants to ensure admin tasks are completed within agreed timeframes, assist in the development and delivery of induction training packages for new protection staff, complete protection mainstreaming checklist sat distribution sites and liaise with key community stakeholders around the implementation of our Protection programming.
Supervision and support to Protection activities
- Supervise Protection Assistants and implement relevant probation and PDR processes.
- Support Protection Assistants to implement relevant probation and PDR processes with Protection Facilitators.
- Complete a comprehensive induction for new staff members joining the protection program.
- Support the Protection Manager to ensure the allocated budget for Protection is utilized effectively and in line with the approved budget.
- Work with the Protection Assistants to develop detailed implementation work plans and provide the necessary guidance and support to the team to achieve timely and quality implementation of activities.
Training and community linkages
- Support in the integration and training of our staff in protection mainstreaming (e.g. gender equality, accountability) across our different programs.
- Assist in training staff and educating beneficiaries on issues related to safeguarding including the prevention of sexual abuse and exploitation (PSEA).
- Frequently liaise with local authorities and other organizations for projects approvals and successful activity integration.
- Ensure that all staff within the Raqqa office are aware of the referral pathways within us.
Reporting, quality control and monitoring and accountability
- Prepare donor monthly reports in English according to agreed timelines on activities undertaken in the protection program.
- Support our MEAL team, in developing and implementing M&E tools and data collection methods, which contribute to continual learning and program quality, and prepare case studies.
- Comply with all of our policies and procedures (P4, finance, logistics, HR, security management etc.).
- Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the line manager.
Advertiser: Unknown/غير معلن
please attach the JD to the annocuemnet
How to Apply:
Please fill out the form on the following link: https: https: https://forms.gle/HPSZ12KZbzHEPuxq9
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.