JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 5042
Job Title: INFORMATION SYSTEMS SPECIALIST
Application deadline: 14.06.2021
Duty Station: Derik
Education • Essential: University or technical school diploma. Certification in network or server administration would be an asset.
Experience • Essential: Previous minimum of 1 year of proven experience in IT or technical functions with an International NGO, preferably with our organization
- Essential: Mission language (English) and local language (Arabic, Kurdish)
Knowledge • Expertise in latest version of Microsoft Operating System and business applications (Office365)
- Understanding of Server Management (latest version of Microsoft Operating System, Active directory) and virtualisation (Hyper-V)
- Good knowledge in Network Administration (LAN, VLAN, network policies and protocols)
- Good knowledge of computer’s hardware and maintenance process, IT security best practices and IT service management tools (ITSM)
- Understanding of radio telecommunication concept (HF, VHF, GSM)
- Teaching and supporting skills
Job Purpose: Planning, coordinating and ensuring the autonomous implementation, maintenance, follow-up and monitoring of all IT and Telecom equipment, tools and services, as well as ensuring onsite technical support and training of users and Logistic experts in the mission, in accordance with the organization’s standards, policies and protocols, in order to guarantee the efficient use of all IT and Telecom services and infrastructure. Providing an appropriate high-level technical support to his/her Logistics Coordinator.
- Monitoring, maintaining and following up on all Information Technology (IT) and Telecom equipment, tools and services in the mission, in accordance with the organization’s standards, policies, protocols and procedures, as well as actual and future needs;
- Adapting and ensuring compliance of general IT and Telecom policies, guidelines, and documents in order to meet mission’s specific needs, as well as ensuring their implementation to enable the development of the mission in perfect working conditions up on validation from the Logistics Coordinator;
- Preparing and collaborating in the establishment of the annual budget of the IT and Telecom families. Providing his/her technical expertise in the local purchase process. Preparing all technical content related to national tenders for IT and Telecom deployment and participating in the selection;
- Supervising, implementing and improving data security protocols (data saving, firewall, user access right, backup, equipment and software security, etc.) to ensure data security, availability, and immediate operational recovery and continuity in case of emergency [in case ICT (Information and Communications Technology) Staff is/are not present in the project/mission];
- Supervising, leading and delegating tasks to the ICT staff.
- Providing technical support and presenting the organization’s standards, policies, protocols and procedures to all users. Providing advanced technical support to logistics experts dealing with IT and Telecom systems. When needed, liaise with HQ Technical Referent(s) for 2nd line support, as well as with external providers, to ensure any incidents or problems that cannot be solved at the mission level are appropriately escalated;
- Providing educational support (briefing, training and support, etc.) to all users. Providing advanced educational support (briefing, training and support, etc.) to logistics experts dealing with IT and Telecom systems;
- Following up, participating in regular reports at coordination level in accordance with the organization’s guidelines and reporting on the work’s progress and on all IT and Telecom technical aspects of the work. Updating and archiving all user and ICT related documentation due to changes in the IT and Telecom infrastructures;
- Planning, preparing and reporting the visits to the site(s) under his/her responsibility to ensure the preceding points;
- Performing any other tasks specific to his/her area of specialty, as defined in his/her job description and according to the line manager.
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.