JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 5077
Job Title: Education Assistant
Application deadline: 16/6/2021
Duty Station: Raqqa
- University degree in a relevant domain.
- Knowledge of Education in Emergencies, Child Protection and Prevention of Gender Based Violence minimum standards.
- Knowledge of basic principles of teaching and positive discipline.
- Experience in working with children, in social work and outreach activities, including psychosocial support and social emotional learning.
- Excellent interpersonal and nonviolent communication skills.
- Motivation and energy, pro-active and willing to share and discuss ideas.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Commitment to our equal opportunity and gender practices.
- Flexibility under pressure and in response to changing needs.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint).
- Supervise and coordinate the teachers, facilitators and other support staff in the day-to-day running of the Centre.
- Work with the Education Officer and wider Education team to develop: a curriculum for Social Emotional Learning sessions and other life skills and structured recreational activities; and a curriculum for basic literacy and numeracy based on non-formal education and methods of teaching.
- Participate in the activities, supporting and guiding teachers and facilitators in their lesson planning and practice and giving regular feedbacks. Encourage the teachers and facilitators to share their ideas.
- Working with the Education team and the other NFE Centres at identifying new topics and new approaches to supporting the needs of participating children, regarding their psychosocial wellbeing as well as their learning needs.
- Promote the participation of all children in the activities of the Centre according to their needs, making sure that children feel comfortable and safe at all times, ensuring that they are not exposed to any form of harm or stress during the activities and that they are able to learn according to their rhythm.
- In coordination with the Education Officer, supporting in identifying and mapping referral pathways in your area, ensuring that they are functional and identifying children and caregivers that could benefit from available specialised services.
- Support the Education Officer to ensure the allocated budget for the NFE Centre is utilized effectively and in line with the approved budget, make the requests for supplies according to the needs and plans.
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.