JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 5257
Job Title: Shelter and WASH Technical Assistant مساعد تقني لقسم المياه والإصحاح والمأوى
Application deadline: 10.07.2021
Duty Station: NES – Al Hole Camp
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Minimum 2 years of experience of working in a humanitarian/recovery context or equivalent;
- Minimum 1 years of experience of working in construction, engineering, architecture or equivalent;
- Bachelor Degree or above; in Civil engineering, architecture engineering or similar.
- Experience of working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Fluency in Arabic, both written and verbal;
- Fluency in English is beneficial.
Context related skills, knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of the context in Syria;
- Experience with remotely managed programming;
- Experience with partner-led programming.
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Project Implementation. As delegated by line-manager, responsible for supporting the successful implementation of all Shelter & WASH projects delivered through direct or partner-led modalities throughout the full project cycle.
- Responsible for 14 water monitors during their daily activities in monitoring water rucking service, their working hours, contracts, complaints, work schedules etc.
- Distribution the agreed water quantity among the camps depending on the quantities agreed between ORG, CM and WWG.
- Daily reporting on water quantity collected from approved water filling stations and to make sure the delivery of the agreed water to the camps, changes, challenges to the S\W Team Leader.
- Responsible for monitoring and collecting data of FRC tests and raising any problems timely.
- Monthly reporting of the total water quantities and water treatment of free residual chlorine (FRC) tests
- Any other tasks delegated by the TL.
- Assessments. As delegated by line-manager, responsible for supporting Shelter & WASH technical components of Area Office-level needs assessment. This will include Rapid Needs Assessments (RNAs), Multi-Sector Needs Assessments (MSNAs), Detailed/Sectoral Assessments, and construction assessments (including BoQs).
- Project M&E. As delegated by line-manager, responsible for accurate and high quality Monitoring and Evaluation of ORG/partner Shelter & WASH or related activities, including information management and archiving. This will include – but is not limited to – the successful implementation of construction/process, output and outcome monitoring conducted by ORG, implementing partners and/or third parties. M&E activities will be conducted in accordance with the Syria Response M&E Strategy, tools and guidelines.
- Protection Mainstreaming. Responsible for supporting protection mainstreaming in all Shelter & WASH or related activities throughout the project-cycle. This includes – but is not limited to – ensuring safety and dignity of beneficiaries, understanding their diverse needs, enabling meaningful access to ORG’s services, ensuring adequate accountability to affected populations, ensuring adequate participation and consultation, and supporting the realisation of their human rights. All project activities will be conducted in accordance with the Protection Mainstreaming Strategy, tools and guidelines.
- Collaboration. The position-holder is responsible for maintaining a collaborative working environment with other team members, both within the Shelter & WASH project team, within other Core Competencies and with the Support Team.
Reports to: Shelter and WASH Team Leader
Supervision of: Community Based Non-Staff Workers
Number of Positions: 1
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please send your cover letters and CVs in one file as email attachment to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.