JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 5269
Job Title: Senior Nutrition Officer
Application deadline: 17.07.2021
Duty Station: Hasaka
- Possess at least three (3) years’ experience in implementing nutrition related activities in a busy hospital or community set up.
- Addition nutrition training in CMAM/IMAM/COMPASS and MIYCN is an added advantage.
- Possess ability to analyze and interpret both quantitative and qualitative programmed data.
- Possess excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Have cognate skills in computer applications
- Possess a high level of integrity and interpersonal skills
- Ready to work in difficult environmental conditions.
- Languages: Arabic is required. A very good level of English is required (oral and spoken)
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we consider all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
The Senior Nutrition Officer will be the technical focal point for integrating nutrition programming into primary health care services across North East Syria. They will be responsible for technical implementation and ensuring services are rolled out across primary health care services to a high quality and standard.
The nutrition program will be integrated within its primary health care services. The Senior Nutrition Officer will help oversee the running of selective feeding program, blanket supplementary feeding programs, nutrition surveillance & assessments including. In addition, in coordination with our community health care workers, conduct mass MUAC screenings promotion of maternal infant and young child nutrition (MIYCN).He/she will be responsible for the technical oversight and quality of the nutrition responses at the organization supported facilities This position is based within the organization in Al Al-Hasaka and will report to the Senior Health Manager.
- Provide overall technical leadership and direction to nutrition activities being implemented in line the planned project, work plans, and targets
- Ensure quality and timely identification and treatment of medical complications associated with malnutrition in our primary health care clinics
- Implement the nutrition response including treatment of severely malnourished under-fives while following the stipulated protocol.
- Implement and supervise the supplementary feeding of the moderately malnourished under-fives, pregnant/lactating mothers, individuals with medical conditions
- Work in coordination with Health Managers, Officers, and doctors to provide advice on treatment for malnourished clients.
- Participate in daily ward rounds in the SC ward with the medical team.
- Ensure that all required observations, prescribed treatment and procedure are accurately carried out and documented in the patients’ cards
- Mentor the health care staff on how to handle patients with acute malnutrition as per protocol.
- Train and mentor the organization nutrition staff and other key partners in GMP, MIYCF and CMAM
- Ensure the establishment of nutrition monitoring activities and train health staff in case detection and referral system.
- Ensure timely reporting in accordance with set deadlines.
- Plan and conduct continuous monitoring of the OTP, SFP and SC patient.
- Participate in program planning and roll-out of new program areas in liaison with key cooperating partners.
- Compile and submit donor and Nutrition Program weekly, biweekly and monthly reports of all the activities implemented, as well prepare food requisitions.
- Uphold the organization code of conduct at respective work area.
- Directly supervise 1 Nutrition Officer
- Supervise and work in strict collaboration with the health team in the screening activities of severely malnourished children.
- Identify training gaps for the incentive staff and clients within health program and communicate the same to the program manager.
Networking and Coordination
- Ensure proper communication, coordination and harmonization of tools with the different partners involved in food/nutrition activities.
- Develop and coordinate the adherence and reporting of nutrition education sessions as per developed annual plan.
- Monitor and supervise proper usage of essential nutrition therapeutic feeds to avoid stock outs.
- Create appropriate linkages and referral for nutrition activities.
- Work closely with other health programs in spirit of integration for maximum output.
- Attend all program implementation meetings.
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.