JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 5329
Job Title: COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH WORKER (1 Male & 1 Female)
Application deadline: 29.07.2021
Duty Station: Al Hol Camp and Al Hassakeh
Education Education level in social science, social communication, or and related field.
Experience • Minimum 1 year of experience in psycho-social work with children and their mothers, including experience in facilitating creative support activities for children.
Languages • Mandatory: Fluency in Arabic. English is advantage.
- Advanced language skills in Russian or Turkish are a strong advantage.
Job Purpose: Providing optimal preventive and psychosocial aid to people with mental health and psychosocial needs at community level according to the organisation’s principles, standards and procedures in order to provide the most appropriate mental health support for patients
- Providing information and education to the affected population on mental health/psychosocial (psycho-education), according to specific needs
- Working together with other team members to prepare/produce various mental health psychosocial education messages/topics, according to specific groups and needs e.g. caretakers of malnourished children, population affected by armed conflict, etc.
- Identifying and appropriately referring patients who need medical or mental health assistance and providing psychological first aid to identified community members in need.
- Organizing supportive activities in the community (art for children, discussion sessions, etc.), if required.
- Ensuring that all patients attending the organization’s activities are well informed about services provided.
- Visiting families in their home/tent/shelter if required, in order to facilitate defaulters’ tracing or to offer psycho-education.
- Attending supervision sessions and educational sessions with members of the team.
- Maintaining monitoring data and producing regular work reports to the supervisor.
THE ORGANIZATION Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Organise activities for children in Al-hol Camp during the times of the mobile clinic
- Organise support activities for the community (children and their mothers) and provide psychosocial education sessions
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
- Applicants must send their CV and cover letter ONLY IN ENGLISH to the email (firstname.lastname@example.org ) no later than (5pm, 29 July 2021) or drop hardcopy applications in the application box outside our office in Salihye neighbourhood, near Adnan Pharmac
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.