JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 5332
Job Title: Medical Interpreter (Level 3) Female Only
Application deadline: 29.07.2021
Duty Station: Al Hol Camp and Al Hassakeh
Education Desired university degree in English/ translation or any related field. Health knowledge advisable.
Experience Essential – Two years minimum in a similar job.
Desirable – Experience with THE ORGANIZATION or other NGOs.
Languages Essential – Arabic and English. Other languages (Turkish/Russian, etc) are added advantage.
Job Purpose: Verbal interpretation, in person or remotely, during daily medical activities (medical round, consultations, interviews, meetings, etc.) and written translations, from the mission language to local language(s) or vice versa, in order to ensure accurate, respectful, fluent and confidential communication between medical staff and local population.
- Inform medical staff about important cultural nuances to consider during a meeting, medical consultation or interview with local people.
- Participate in staff trainings and meetings as an interpreter.
- Provide face to face interpreting, as well as during telephone and radio calls or other telecom devices, when necessary.
- Adapt communication to any circumstances, using appropriate language registry as well as diplomatic and courtesy manners.
- Translate internal / external documents into local language(s).
- Keep record of all translated documents.
- Look after all equipment provided, i.e. dictionaries or other books that belong to Medical team.
- Ensure confidentiality and medical secrecy.
THE ORGANIZATION Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Provide face to face interpretation on an individual basis (ie. Consultation room)
- Provide face to face interpretation with multiple stakeholders involved in the conversation (ie. Community meeting, training)
- A lot of translation will be in the medical & mental healthcare domains, it is an advantage to know and be familiar with medical terminology
- Translate the organization internal / external documents into local language(s).
- A flexible attitude is necessary as is being able to work in a challenging context and environment.
- You need to be able to handle stress and long days
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
- Applicants must send their CV and cover letter ONLY IN ENGLISH to the email (email@example.com ) no later than (5pm, 29 July 2021) or drop hardcopy applications in the application box outside our office in Salihye neighbourhood, near Adnan Pharmac
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.