JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 5381
Job Title: RADIO OPERATOR (50% CONTRACT)
Application deadline: 05.08.2021
(Level 3)- (English is mandatory)
Job Family : Logistics and Supply
Duty Station: Al Hol Camp and Al Hassakeh, North Syria
Education Essential secondary education. Desired degree in communication or related field.
Experience • Desired work experience as radio operator in related jobs with other NGOs.
Languages • Mandatory: Fluency in Arabic, English and local languages.
Job Purpose: Operating the VHF and HF radios, in accordance with the the organization security protocols and rules, in order to ensure quality and confidential radio communications for the operational needs of the mission/projects.
– Operating the HF and VHF radios, avoiding using any sensitive or security related information and following the the organization security rules. Ensures radio frequencies’ (HF and VHF) quality and transmission capacity. Installs and programs frequencies in all type of radios when necessary
– Ensuring that messages are well copied/passed to all people concerned and records the messages on the radio log book. Responding to radio contacts from other approved organizations and forwarding it on the information via this channel.
– Making radio contacts with reference bases (capital and/or field) according to communication rules / schedules and forwards all information concerning the security of the teams to the Project/Capital Coordinator.
– Monitoring and registering any movement, of people, vehicles, helicopters, airplanes and cargo, (departure, arrival, number of passengers, route taken, standard contact points) and informs line manager of any delays.
– Supervising and monitoring the VHF radio allocation book (handsets) and registering the loan of handsets to all staff, following it up on a regular basis.
– Installing, operating and performing preventive maintenance checks on assigned equipment, checking that the equipment is working properly and immediately informing the line manager of any damage/loss/theft. Maintaining the equipment, communications room and premises in clean and tidy conditions. Maintaining and supervising HF VHF batteries status in good maintenance conditions.
– Providing basic radio training when necessary to the organisation’s staff
THE ORGANIZATION Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
– Monitore movement inside HSK city, between HSK and AlHol Camp and inside AlHol camp.
– Prepare movement sheets for all movements outside HSK on a daily base.
– Update and adjusts movement plans if applicable.
– Monitors all avaliable communcation equipment in the Radio Room – Sat phones.
– Fuctions as a backup communcation focal point for inter-porject movements.
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
How to Apply:
· Applicants must send their CV and cover letter ONLY IN ENGLISH to the email. (email@example.com ) no later than (5pm, 05.08.2021) or drop hardcopy applications in the application box outside our office in Salihye neighbourhood, near Adnan Pharmacy.
· Applications must clearly state “RADIO OPERATOR (50% CONTRACT)” in the subject line of the email or on the envelope. Applications without the correct title in English will not be considered
· Applicants must clearly state their experiences in Month/Year basis in their CVs.
· Applicants must indicate the languages they speak in their CV (English/ Arabic/ Kurdish, etc).
· Please send the application once only.
· Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
· This INGO does not charge a fee for any applications received.