JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 5389
Job Title: Agriculture and Livelihood Officer
Application deadline: 12.08.2021
Duty Station: Raqqa
- Languages: Good command in English is mandatory
- IT skills: Comfortable with the use of KOBO, Excel, Word and of an email account.
- Past working experience with an International Non-Governmental Organization is much valuable.
- Technical knowledge and/or educational background in Agriculture/farming mandatory
- Past working experience in Agriculture and/or Livelihood mandatory
- Good communication skills and Appetence for field work
DIAGNOSTIC AND PROJECT CONCEPTION
Under the supervision of the line management:
- Participate in the identification of new areas of intervention, carries out the diagnostics/assessments in the identified areas and data collection exercises
- Conduct focus groups discussions and fill in the related collection tools with accuracy
- Under the direction of the line manager, participate in beneficiaries’ needs identification and the selection of the beneficiaries according to standards and defined criteria
- Communicate appropriately with the community as per the strategy defined by the management and make sure that the projects’ and the selection criteria are well understood and accepted by the communities
- Report any relevant additional information collected or observed in the field that could be of relevance for the decision making and the implementation of the activities
- Ensure good analysis of the local environment and understand needs, requests, technical or contextual limitations that might have an impact on the field operations.
IMPLEMENTATION AND OPERATIONAL FOLLOW-UP
Under instruction of the Supervisor:
- Carries out the activities as defined in weekly meetings with the line management, and as per the work plan communicated
- Ensure accurate follow-up and monitoring of the activities in the field, using the SI’s standards and tools
- Anticipate difficulties in the carrying out of the activities, propose adjustments according to the field understanding and the possible feedbacks from the community
- Help identifying the specific training needs among the beneficiaries
- Support the preparation of BoQs when requested
- Ensure the good stock in/out of the project material when leaving/coming back from the field
- Ensure the data collected and reports are safely archived/handed to the supervisor
- Communicate with anticipation to the Supervisor on the needs that engage the support department
- Ensure the management of daily workers in the field if any and report any specific related issue to the Supervisor
REPORTING / COMMUNICATION
- Communicate and write regular reports concerning the progress of activities
- Participate in any other reporting work that could be required by the Supervisor
- Participate in internal team meetings and training/capacity building sessions and any other meeting related to the carrying-out of activities and to project objectives upon request
- Report to the Supervisor any specific event or issue (related to the activities, the context, the beneficiaries) that requires to be addressed by the management
- Ensure a respectful and regular communication with the communities and beneficiaries as per the strategy defined by the line management
- Establish and maintain good relations with the local participants, communities and follow activities implemented by other organizations in SI’s area of intervention and report to the line manager
- Have and promote a good behaviour on the field as SI’s employee, and report any concerns on the behaviour of some SI members that may occur in the field to the management.
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.