JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 5463
Job Title: Procurement Assistant (Hasaka)
Application deadline: 21.08.2021
Duty Station: Hasakah
- Preferably a University Degree on: Business, Commercial, Economics, Supplies Management or in Administration.
- Strong sense of personal integrity;
- Attention to details;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Ability to work independently;
- Trustworthy, reliability, openness and ability respond rapidly to queries;
- Problem solving abilities;
- At least 1-2 years of work experience; previous NGO experience preferred.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the Syrian context, including geographical, political and security aspects;
- Organized, results and detailed oriented, proactive;
- Team player and good communication skills;
- Good mathematical skills.
- Strong computer competency with word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and other IT skills;
- Possess leadership qualities and willing to exercise initiative;
- Willingness to travel regularly;
- Desired knowledge of generic procurement procedures and practices (NGOs experience advantageous) in procurement and / or logistics / supply chain.
- Familiarity with major donor and local regulations / laws advantageous.
- Competent in spoken and written Arabic, Kurdish, and English.
- Read, understand, and implement standards involved in procurement as defined in manual and SOPs.
- Follow-up with program and support the teams to submit purchase requests.
- Manage to procure all necessary items for programs, offices and residences.
- Materials purchased are of appropriate quality and price and are timely delivered.
- Maintain the Purchase Request Tracking Sheet and submit routine reports to the Procurement Manager.
- Prepare procurement contracts and POs.
- Ensure that payments are submitted to finance department without any delays.
- Coordinate with finance team in clearing payments against procured supplies and obtained services.
- Establish and maintain an ethical and professional working relationships with suppliers and service providers in the best interest of program activities.
- Update suppliers/service data base on monthly basis.
- Conduct regular market surveys to ensure that organization is receiving the best value for money.
- Maintain a complete filing system for all procurement related documents according to the organization Procurement Manual.
- Ensuring that procurement is carried out in accordance to organization and donor-specific polices.
- Attend all the procurement committee meetings and take minutes.
- Ensure integrated internal controls, timely payment of vendors and full, auditable support documentation.
- Ensuring that a transparent and responsive procurement process is implemented and maintained.
- Routine communication, coordination and planning with the relevant requesting staff / programs regarding the order and delivery of supplies.
- Ensuring that all Supplies, services and equipment’s required are delivered in time.
- Establishment and maintenance of ethical, professional working relationships with suppliers.
- Maintain supplier information for regularly purchased items, and be informed of current local market conditions.
- Engages in delivering request for quotations and quotations from authorized suppliers.
- Updates in a daily bases procurement reports, (PRTS, Contract follow up, market price lists)
- Maintains an organization Vendor database.
- Generate and / or maintain comprehensive price list for goods, services and equipment’s purchased
- Responsible for the implementation of standard filing system in Hasakah Office for the SC activities, managing filing system and updating on a regular basis.
- Keep a clear follow up and clear flow of documentation related to SC activities.
- Any other duties or tasked delegated by procurement Manage, SC Manager, and Coordinator.
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.