JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 5514
Job Title: Accounting Officer
Application deadline: 28.08.2021
Duty Station: Amouda or Raqqa
– To be successful in this role you must have:
Education and experience:
– Administration or economic certificate specialized in accountancy or any relevant certificate.
Professional Competencies Required:
– Minimum 3 years of work experience in the same field.
– Experience with NGOs.
– Knowledge of the software “Navision” is a strong asset.
– Strong knowledge of MS Excel.
– Proficient Knowledge of English and Arabic (oral and written) is mandatory.
The organization will offer the successful applicant a contract until 30th Sep 2021, renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
And be willing and able to work in Amuda or Raqqa with frequent travel inside NES.
Salary and conditions will be according to salary grid. Minimum 989 USD/month + (allowances).
Accountancy Compilation and Control:
- Receive, control, correct, consolidate and close on a weekly basis the accountancy sent by the Finance Department of each base.
- Register, control, and close on a weekly basis the accountancy of Hassakeh base.
- Ensure that all financial allocations are accurate as per the financial allocation tools, (Financial Plan, TAFF NAT, OFU, Budgets and Project Budget Management Tools).
- Provide each base with a comprehensive feedback on the accountancy in order to explain the correction done, and to identify rooms for improvement.
- Send the compilation of monthly Accountancy closure to Coordination office and provide with additional information if necessary.
- Receive the comments from Coordination, dispatch the comments to each base, receive feedback and make a final control before sending back to Coordination.
- Provide technical support to each base for all issues faced on Navision and all questions related to Accountancy.
- Act as focal point between coordination and bases for all issues related to Accountancy and Navision, and make sure communication is fluid without any loss of information.
- Ensure support to Finance Department of each base in the implementation of accounting SOP’s with Organization Hosting Mission.
- Manage all the accounting part for yearly and mid-year closure.
- Make sure all hubs are respecting deadlines for weekly accountancy closure.
- Where needed, provide remote support for monthly closure.
- Receive all Cash Reconciliations from all bases on weekly basis, check and forward to the Hub Finance Manager as per the financial calendar. In case of any differences in cash reconciliations ask the bases for justification and incident report.
- Update on monthly basis the Key Performance Indicator tool for all bases and share with Hub Finance Manager.
- Realize 30% sample checking of invoices from each base on monthly basis, and keep all the samples separately in monthly accountancy folder.
- Check with each base for pending validation of partner’s expenses and try to expedite the process of validation.
- Follow up the archives status of the accounting documents for each base, and make sure the archive follow up for each base are updated each week. Alerts must be raised to the Hub Finance Manager.
- Accounting documents are archived on Finance external hard drive, FileZilla and Teams.
- Ensure the consolidation of the monthly cash request, the liaison with coordination, and the consistency of the cash flows to the different bases.
- Receive cash transfer request from bases, check them and share them to Coordination focal point and ensure that the funds are delivered on time.
- Provide trainings and build capacity of all existing and newly recruited staff on accountancy procedure in the bases.
- Based on Key Performance Tool results analysis training needs for each base, propose training needs to Hub Finance Manager and deliver the trainings.
- Upon request, provide additional support to the Hub Finance Manager.
- Participate actively to internal meetings where needed or requested.
- Provide support to compliance department in preparation of audit, by participating pre-audit meeting and providing all needed documents/information.
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.