JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 5600
Job Title: Early Childhood Development Manager
Application deadline: 11.09.2021
Duty Station: Derek (Roving)
The requirements should establish a baseline (minimum) for educational background, previous work experience, professional knowledge or certification, specific skills and strengths and any other skill necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, Education, Psychology, Human Development, Social Work, or related subject at least. Master’s degree is an advantage.
- Four years’ experience in managing and/or technically supporting early childhood development, education, or protection programs.
- Prior experience and proven record of strong capacity building skills and applying a variety of approaches to capacity building.
- Prior experience and excellent understanding of working in emergency settings or insecure environments
- Solid demonstrated experience in planning, reporting, monitoring and evaluation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong representation and liaison with external parties.
- Must be capable of applying skills and knowledge in a range of capacities, including direct implementation, advisory functions, training, and transfer of technical knowledge and management skills to others.
- Demonstrated track record in working with teams, showing high performance in a multi-cultural environment, demonstrating flexibility, and ability to handle pressure.
- Excellent Computer skills: MS Word, Excel.
- Fluency in Arabic and excellent English (written and spoken), Kurdish is preferred.
Program Implementation and Quality
- Work with ECD coordinator, ECD managers, regional team, and organization program teams (Protection, ERD and Health) to provide technical support in integrating ECD in relevant organization`s programming in Northeast Syria directly and through partners.
- Support the preparation of an integrated ECD work plan with clear objectives and achievement benchmarks, long-term and short-term priorities, in line with programmatic vision and strategies.
- Establish quality standards for ECD program (center and home based ECD activities) that are aligned with ECD best practices
- Close monitoring of implementation of ECD activities, spending rates, progress on achieving program’s indicators; and taking corrective actions whenever needed in collaboration with relevant team members.
- Ensure feedback from the field are reflected in ECD activities to respond to changing realities and needs of the field.
- Visiting the ECD locations in regular basis.
- Providing regular reports (Daily – Weekly Monthly, etc.) to the ECD Coordinator.
- Build the capacity of ECD program staff and partner organizations on an operational procedure and polices of the organization.
- In coordination with the supply chain unit, securing all materials necessary for the ECD program, warehousing and distributing them with the required quality and according to the organization’s procedures, and managing the movement of ECD program staff.
- In coordination with the Finance Unit, ensure all program payments are included in the budget, review all transactions monthly, prepare a salary mapping and cash forecast monthly, developing the procurement tracker, and follow up the BvA (Budget versus Actual).
- In coordination with the Human Resources Unit follow up the recruitment, contracts renewal, training, and learning.
- In coordination with the Access Unit, obtain all necessary approvals to carry out activities and attend meetings with all relevant stakeholders such as local authorities and partners. Ensure safe access for employees and clients to all locations.
- Coordinate with ECD the Program Coordinator and with other Program Managers and Admin Officer on all relevant operational issues.
- Ensure that ECD staff and services adhere to best practice, professional standards, and principles.
- Follow up all the challenges and needs of the locations and respond to them.
Grants management and business development
- Work closely with the Grants unit and relevant sectors to achieve overall grant activities, deliverables, and budget compliance within donor guidelines.
- Support the ECD Coordinator in identifying gaps in existing integrated ECD programming and work with the team to develop innovative approaches and mechanisms to address them.
- Work closely with the ECD Coordinator in the design and development of new and potential funding opportunities for ECD programming.
- Support the ECD Coordinator in producing high quality donor reports and other materials as required.
- Ensure effective Budget management and appropriate and timely spending of grants to achieve program goals in collaboration with relevant team members.
Coordination and Partnership
- Supporting the ECD Coordinator and ECD partnership and scaling manager in the development of strategic partnerships with local partners in NES to facilitate effective adoption and implementation of an integrated ECD activities and scaling up.
- Actively develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders, including in particular local partners, and other relevant actors in coordination with the integrated ECD Coordinator.
- Work with Partnership colleagues to come up with strategies for integration of ECD activities and Ahlan Simsim content across a range of partner programs.
Human Resources and Staff Management and Development
- Coach, train, and mentor staff and local partners with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the team, and providing professional development guidance.
- Offer leadership support for successful adherence by staff to ORGANIZATION’s Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures.
- In collaboration with the HR in NE, support recruitment of ECD program staff.
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Adhere to and act in accordance with the organization Global HR Policies and Procedures.
Females are Strongly Encouraged to Apply
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.