JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 5603
Job Title: Environmental Health Manager
Application deadline: 11.09.2021
Duty Station: Hasak & Raqqa Gov.
- Degree level qualification in Civil Engineering or Environmental Sciences; relevant experience will supersede the formal qualification
- 3 to 5 years of experience in leading/managing WASH or Environmental Health programs with INGOs;
- Excellent understanding of WASH issues, including IPC in Health Facilities in emergency situations and knowledge of emergency standards (Sphere)
- Strong management, planning, analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- Ability to live and work in stressful and insecure environment;
- Able to manage multiple tasks.
- Able to work under pressure and good at timely decision making.
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- Competent in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Knowledge and/or experience in conflict management, protection, or other related field;
- Excellent professional approach and strong team building skills.
- Participate in any inter sectorial assessment process, including analysis and planning;
- Input into the development of EH Project Strategy
- Provide direct technical support to the EH Water, Sanitation, Hygiene Promotion, Distribution and Monitoring teams in accordance with best practice and organization policy.
- Ensure that water, sanitation, hygiene promotion and distribution activities meet stated objectives within the timeframe;
- Ensure the project demonstrates adherence to international and national standards, including Sphere and others;
- Ensure program activities foster accountability to beneficiaries, gender and protection sensitivity and inclusion are adequately addressed in programming;
- Propose technical designs for all water and sanitation activities including those within organization Health facilities
- Provide technical support and training for project staff including staff supporting infection prevention and control (IPC) measures within organization Health Facilities.
- Provide regular reports, document results and maintain detailed records
Staff Supervision & Development
- The post holder will directly manage the entire WASH team
- Support the Senior IPC Manager on technical WASH improvements for targeted Health Facilities
- Participate in recruitment of staff in the approved EH organogram
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions
- Take responsibility for discussing job expectations, performance, and objectives on an informal, quarterly basis with designated staff.
- Responsible for WASH teams’ timesheets, work plans, vacation schedules, and staff training/development activities.
- Adhere to and act in accordance with the organization Global HR Policies and Procedures
Grant Planning & Implementation
- Assist the EH Coordinator draft technical proposals and budgets to enable programs to meet the immediate needs of the affected community.
- May have some budget authority to pre-approved limits and responsibility for budget development and compliance.
- Responsible for ensuring the achievement the specific Environmental Health grant timeline and completion date in designated area of project/activities
- Provides direction and monitors staff in their implementation of the work plan and quality of technical activities.
Donor Monitoring & Reporting
- Lead on monitoring Environmental Health activities and spend in line with donor grants
- Participate in timely donor reports
- Fully responsible for field monitoring of all Environmental Health activities making recommendations for modifications of activities as required.
Coordination & Representation
- Maintains effective coordination and networking with internal as well as external stakeholders,
- Works closely and coordinates with supply chain and finance staff to ensure timely and complaint program activities and expenditures;
- When requested, represents in external WASH forums
- Contributes to the development of EH emergency strategy direction and plans
- Participates in sector specific strategy development and technical proposal design
- Responsible for ensuring that monitoring and data collection/analysis of all water and sanitation indicators are in line with the approved monitoring framework, using all the correct monitoring tools and at the frequency prescribed
- Participate in monitoring data analysis
- Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of the team; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to the Senior/EH Coordinator, and when liaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment for organization C programs
Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop programs
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.