JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 5735
Job Title: Senior Grants Manager
Application deadline: 02.10.2021
Duty Station: Derek
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in international relations or a related field, or relevant work experience Fluency in English, spoken and written.
- At least four years’ work experience in humanitarian/development setting with proven field-based experience with grants management and business development
- Experience with program design and proposal writing (including logical frameworks).
- Sound budget development capacity and financial management skills
- Prior knowledge of donor regulations (BHA, ECHO, FCDO, GFFO, SIDA, GAC, UNICEF, etc.)
- Good communicator with strong organizational, time management and analytical skills
- Ability to carry out responsibilities and lead tasks independently while being a strong team player for the grants team.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, and proven track record to handle pressure and improve grant management processes.
- Excellent inter-personal, cultural, and diplomatic skills
- Strong capacity to mentor and build capacity of staff
- Professional fluency in English, with strong writing skills.
- Grants Management and Compliance (60%)
- Take the lead in managing and overseeing Northeast Syria’s grants portfolio (10-12 grants, including institutional and private donors)
- Help to ensure that grants in Syria are well-administered and implemented in compliance with the relevant donor regulations and organization procedures.
- Oversee and manage donor and internal reporting processes, ensuring high-quality, well-written and timely reports are submitted. Prepare and circulate templates, coordinate inputs, and review and edit in line with donor expectations and contractual deadlines. Maintain close collaboration with all relevant departments in their preparation.
- Facilitate grant opening, review and closing meetings to ensure project objectives are being met and identifying any challenges, delays or deviations from the project plan. Ensure documentation and sharing of meeting minutes and action items identified in grant meetings
- Support the Grants Coordinator and program teams to provide timely responses to donor and HQ grant-related requests.
- Ensure quality information management related to grants by overseeing the regular maintenance of online grant files (OTIS and Box), reporting calendars, and updating of internal documentation and Grant Unit tools
- Support program and partnership staff in grant revisions, cost extensions, no-cost extensions, budget realignments, and other as required
- Act as a focal point for donor rules and regulations and provide support to program team on questions around compliance.
- Identify potential compliance concerns and flag them to the Grants Coordinator as required.
Program Design & Proposal Development (30%)
- Working with the Grants Coordinator, Grant Managers and technical leads, support the development of comprehensive program design and develop funding proposals/concept notes, appropriate to context and aligned with the country-level Strategic Action Plan;
- Support proposal development initiatives, providing coordination support between HQ, global technical advisors, partners, finance, operations, HR, and program focal points to ensure smooth and timely proposal development processes;
- Support development of concept notes and proposals, providing both writing and editing support, as required
- Assist Grants Coordinator in donor/HQ liaison and communication as requested.
People Management and Capacity Building (15%)
- Directly supervise Grants Managers, building their capacity and supporting their professional development
- Build grant management capacity of field staff by assisting Grants Coordinator in trainings, and providing support in report writing, proposal development, budget management, specific tools, and other topics as/if needed.
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
CVs must be in English.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.