JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 5759
Job Title: FSL Project Officer – Livelihoods
Application deadline: 07.10.2021
Duty Station: Amuda
- Bachelor’s degree in economy, business administration, or civil engineering.
- At least 1-year work experience with an INGO in an emergency and/or development setting.
- Intermediate English (written and spoken). Fluency in English is an advantage.
- Intermediate knowledge in using Microsoft office, especially word and Excel.
- At leas 1 year previous experience in similar position with NGOs.
- Ability to work under pressure in a high-pace environment.
- Ability to travel locally in Hasake and Der ezzor governorates (not GoS areas).
- Ability to manage complaints.
- Willingness to follow instructions, especially those related to security
- Excellent social and communication skills.
- High commitment to cultural sensitivity, honesty, integrity, Trust-worthiness and accountability.
- Organized, methodical, and thorough work ethic.
- Dedication and proven interest in displacement issues, field work and humanitarian programming.
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Intermediate level of using Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the FSL Senior Officer – Cash and Livelihoods, the FSL Project Officer – Livelihoods responsibilities include:
- a) General responsibilities:
- Implementation of all livelihoods field tasks (Needs assessments, beneficiaries’ selections, registrations, program verification, activities monitoring, business training provision).
- To work with the local authorities to understand the market and the situation within which the targeting and implementation of the cash aspects of projects will be conducted.
- Conduct technical assessments for potential targeting areas for defining new intervention areas.
- To support the FSL Senior Project Officer – Livelihoods to make weekly work plans and field visits.
- Monitor the progress of Livelihoods program and update the implementation plan on a weekly basis.
- To act as a clear communication channel between program, contractors, sub-contractors and beneficiaries.
- Co-management (with other technical staff) of Programs team and any other participating staff while in the field as discussed with Deputy FSL Project Manager and FSL – Cash Senior officer.
- To draft and follow up of program correspondence and reports in coordination with FSL – Cash and livelihoods senior officer.
- To prepare, check the quality and accuracy of all documents submitted by the field staff (beneficiary lists, reports, analysis, forms etc.).
- To ensure the quality and efficiency of all field work done relevant to livelihoods.
- Revise all field documents signed and filled by the team and ensure their correspondence to ACTED compliance.
- To submit any relevant paperwork (e.g. Completion documentation, photos) to Senior Project Officer at the end of each day with work summary, or as described by line manager.
- To submit all the supporting documents for payments to the line manager after checking and revising them and ensuring compliance.
- Support the FSL – Livelihoods senior officer in their work with AMEU.
- To work additional hours and some weekends as dictated by the demands of the line project.
- Manage the team in the field and prepare capacity building plans for assistants.
- Advise a visiting location to the FSL project manager and FSL Senior Project Officer – Cash and Livelihoods during the implementation of project.
- Support other FSL sub-sector teams in field quantitative tasks (non-technical) once needed in tense phase of FSL program.
- Participate in FSL assessments defined be the project manager/coordinator aligned with cluster coordination.
- Protection Mainstreaming through the programming and distribution, ensuring that beneficiaries with specific needs are prioritized and additional assistance is provided when required.
- b) Reporting
- To document photos of program implementation and ensure that donor visibility is respected.
- Assist in the identification and location of beneficiaries when requested.
- Weekly Report on the implementation of activities as per specific program and donor requirements.
- Prepare a weekly and monthly plan and share with FSL – cash and livelihoods senior officer.
- Provide a monthly report about the general achievement and challenge in the areas of intervention in addition to HAO monthly report.
- Share with the line manager weekly meetings with livelihoods assistants.
- Bi-weekly report including the monitor of changing in the market during the implementation of the project.
- Provide a monthly report about the general markets situation in the areas of intervention the changes and challenges.
- c) Technical Tasks
- Develop and implement livelihoods activities and raise anything to adjust according to the context.
- Oversee livelihoods, and other market-based modalities to achieve project objectives.
- Develop a tool for market monitoring respecting the context and reality of each intervention.
- Complete deliverable to specification and within timeline.
- Provide required information to relevant parties as dictated by contract and procedures.
- Identify, document and share best practices and lessons learned with the FSL – Cash senior officer.
- Put a plan B for different areas in the assessment and prioritize the most needed areas in the assessment report.
- Put a clear strategy of the change that will be made by the intervention in the areas.
- d) Administration and Other Tasks
- Maintain an efficient, organized system of paperwork and reporting for field work.
- Collect the supporting documents for cash payments and share with senior project officer.
- Ensure timely departure and return from the field: this includes leaving to the field with all necessary documents and materials to complete a successful workday.
- Monitor the quality of work done by staff under your supervision and their adherence to ACTED internal policies
- To perform other duties as requested by the project and country management team.
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.