JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 5793
Job Title: Translator
Application deadline: 13.10.2021
Duty Station: Amuda
Scope of the Work:
The interpreter/translator is expected to provide clear and accurate spoken interpretations between the field staff, local partners, and beneficiaries, both in-person and virtually. Additionally, the interpreter/translator is responsible for written translation of a variety of types of project and organizational written materials in support of project and admin teams’ work.
- Oral interpretation between Arabic and English, possibly Kurdish during field visits, training sessions and meetings with local partners and external actors.
- Written translation between Arabic and English, possibly Kurdish including reports, training packages, and other project related materials.
- Correct understanding and representation of terms and issues related to protection and health sectors.
- Uphold the same attitudes, beliefs and practices expected of all staff, including demonstrating a commitment to gender equality and treating the beneficiaries and local partners with respect.
- Maintain confidentiality of survivors of protection incidents or gender-based violence.
- Coordinating with translator’s coordinator and having strong team spirit.
- Previous experience as an interpreter
- Previous experience with health-related projects or protection and women’s empowerment projects are strong advantage
- Strong written and spoken English and Arabic skills; specific knowledge of health or protection sector vocabulary an advantage
- Previous experience in supporting Medical and Protection Technical Advisors in conducting trainings sessions
- Previous experience in supporting project managers and technical advisors in conducting field visits for monitoring purposes
- Previous experience in report writing
- Proficiency in MS Office (particularly in World, Outlook and Excel)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task, prioritize work, and work independently
- Attention to details and strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, including good writing and presentation skills, and ability to adapt to the context
- Proven ability to work effectively with multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams and environments
- Knowledge of Human Rights standards, NGO code of conduct and structure (previous NGO experience is an advantage)
- University degree is desirable
- Fluency in English (excellent), Kurdish and Arabic and ability to translate between, both conversationally and in writing
- Previous experience in conducting surveys, observational monitoring, focus group discussions and key informant interviews is desirable
- Previous experience liaising with other humanitarian workers and actors for project and coordination purposes is desirable.
- University degree in English literature is preferable.
The Interpreter will be based in Hassakeh Governorate with potential visits throughout the NES region.
The duty station is in Amuda, with frequent travels.
Working hours: Full time
Contract duration: according to the project duration, up to 2 months with possibility of extension
Positions required: 1
Salary scale: from 700 USD to 900 USD according to experience, plus allowances
NGO name: UPP
Experience: minimum 2 years
Language required: English and Arabic (excellent), Kurdish (fluent)
Gender: Female and Male
Education: Bachelor Degree is an advantage
Contract duration: according to the
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
How to Apply:Interested candidates are kindly requested to send their CV and motivation letter, specifying “Translator – Amuda” in the email subject, to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Deadline: Wednesday 13 October 2021
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
– Only CVs and letters in English will be considered;
– Kindly do not send multiple application for other UPP vacancies: UPP HR Officer will be responsible of redirect your CV under the proper position.