JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 5818
Job Title: Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Assistant
Application deadline: 17.10.2021
Duty Station: Raqqa
- Graduate education
- One year of relevant experience, such as data collection and analysis, customer service, reporting
- Practical experience in M&E system coordination/implementation in an international non-governmental organisation
- Experience in community mobilisation and community-level dialogue
- Experience in assessments and surveys at camp and community level
- Demonstrable track-record in data tracking and evaluation, with the ability to support staff and partners on M&E methodology and analyse and disseminate information to a range of stakeholder audiences
- Strong skills in excel and other data management software (kobo, ODK, Power BI)
- Experience in knowledge and database management
- Working knowledge of data/statistical programmes e.g. SPSS
- Excellent planning, coordination, and reporting skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Strong communication, influencing and interpersonal skills in English, with experience working in multicultural, multi-location, values driven teams
- Ability to write in excellent English and produce reports
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- Good reporting and analytical skills
- Good English skills
- Fluent in Arabic/Kurdish
- Background of implementing effective M&E systems and/or accountability mechanisms in emergency responses
- Education to BSc/BA/BEng level in Social Sciences, Public Health, Statistics or related field
- Use and experience in digital data collection such as KOBO
– Support in data collection of surveys (including baselines and end lines and RNAs), monitoring tools and processes (for example, post distribution monitoring, Focus Group Discussions, exit interviews and other quantitative and qualitative tools).
– Collecting data through child-friendly approaches, such as dot voting, the H-frame tool and risk mapping.
– Support MEAL officer to prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports
– Work with the assigned MIS Assistant to support implementing information management systems
-Support programme/IM assistant or partners MEAL equivalent in the correct use of activity tracker, attendance databases, and other tools as appropriate
– Support MEAL officer for data verification in the field regularly conducted as per agreed schedule.
– Quality monitoring of projects as joint exercises with Project Assistants to collect data and information from the field on a quarterly frequency of a project.
– Support the MEAL officer in operationalizing the complaints and feedback mechanism with beneficiaries in both camp and communities for projects, including communicating feedback to beneficiaries
– Collecting feedback and complaints data through house-to-house visits, voice recorders, PDMs, FGDs and temporary helpdesks set up for one-off distributions under Shelter/WASH/education programming (as well as covering the toll-free hotline when necessary i.e. the Accountability Officer is not available)
– Collecting data through the child-friendly Accountability pilot – and sharing of learning based on this experience to improve the design and implementation of the approach
– Accountability data entry, including translation
– Supporting closing of the feedback loop through house to house visits
-Regularly conduct focus group discussion or individual interviews with beneficiaries to collect feedback and complaints
– Introduce feedback mechanisms such as complaint boxes in camp and communities
– Responsible for handling and documenting, in a safe and confidential manner, complaints and feedbacks from complaint boxes, face to face visits and focus group discussions
– Prepare report on complaints and feedback on weekly frequency to share with MEAL Officer
– Follow up on responses on complaints and feedback received
– Reporting Child Safeguarding-related and other Category 5/Category 6 complaints through the appropriate mechanisms
- Raising awareness about the organization Accountability system
o Raising awareness about the organization Accountability system through household visits
o Organising/attending community meetings and meetings with influential gatekeepers/other key stakeholders and attending group sessions run by Community Mobilisers to raise awareness about the organization Accountability system.
Evaluation and Learning
– Support in data collection for all evaluation and learning studies by overseeing incentive workers for field level operation of evaluations and other research (Rapid need assessment, formative studies, situation analysis, etc.,)
– Support towards the data capturing, note taking of learning workshop to support MEAL officer
-Providing support to MEAL Officers to conduct training for and supervise enumerators hired of a casual basis, as required
– Handling logistics related to data collection, including preparing materials
– Comply with NGO policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
– Help be responsible for the security of all staff. Ensure that the security, health and wellbeing of staff are ensured and staff management and other processes and policies and systems reflect the NGO’s principles of equity and fairness.
– To perform such other responsibilities as agreed with your line management.
– Quality and programme Monitoring: Quality monitoring of projects as joint exercises with Project Assistants to collect data and information from the field on a quarterly frequency of a project
Data Quality Assurance: Support in data collection for all evaluation and learning studies by overseeing incentive workers field work
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
How to Apply:
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
INGO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
The application period closes on 17 Oct 2021
NOTE: Please mention your English and Computer skills clearly in your application
Applicants may submit their CVs with their cover letter, address; telephone number and contact information email@example.com – Subject of the email must clearly state ” Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Assistant”