JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 5830
Job Title: WPE Senior Officer
Application deadline: 16.10.2021
Duty Station: Raqqa
- Education in social work, humanities, other social science or related field.
- Clear understanding of the impact and dynamics of GBV on women and girls.
- Demonstrated interest, enthusiasm and commitment to working with women and girls, and their rights, safety, empowerment, and improving their access to resources and services.
- Direct experience in providing basic counselling, psychosocial support, case management, and delivering services to women and girls GBV survivors.
- Experience providing training and mentoring to others.
- Experience in supervising staff, activity design, planning and monitoring, and overseeing direct services.
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for clients.
- Positive and professional attitude, including ability to lead and work well in a team setting.
- Ability to organize and priorities work and competing tasks, meet deadlines, and maintain composure.
- Excellent communication, listening and observation skills, including ability to create trust, support, respect and interact with women, girls and survivors of all ages, background and diversity.
- Ability to discuss sensitive issues with respect, empathy, and professionalism.
- Strengths in listening, empathy, flexibility, and creativity.
- Knowledge and experience with community outreach and mobilization.
- Familiarity with principles of monitoring and evaluation; experience in writing brief narrative reports and data reporting.
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Word/Excel.
- Fluency in Arabic mandatory. English and Kurdish preferred.
– The Organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer which considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
– The organization encourages women to work with us to reach the neediest people in need of humanitarian assistance, such as women, widows and children. We are committed to providing a decent work environment that takes into account the needs of women in the workplace, such as maternity leave and safety protocols that take into account the special needs of women in the field.
- Oversee and support the running of the WPE activities in your sites of operation through –
o Ensuring that WPE program activities are women, girl and survivor-centered, and adhere to best practice and GBV guiding principles, flagging any concerns to the WPE Manager in a timely manner.
o Conducting regular weekly in-person field visits and provide remote support to oversee the successful implementation of WPE activities in your designated area of operation, which may include camps, clinics, urban women’s centers, and mobile locations.
o Ensuring monthly site teamwork plans and weekly activity schedules are in place, updated and track progress with the WPE Officers; and ensure weekly follow up of activities against produced work plans;
o Supporting the WPE team to continuously monitor and assess risk across all their services, activities and sites of operations. raising any concerns immediately in line with procedures.
o Meet regularly with the site teams to discuss, design, plan community outreach, mobilization and engagement activities; and support the team to identify, train and mentor teams of community volunteers.
o Meet regularly with the other WPE Senior Officers and Managers to discuss programming progress, successes, challenges, responsiveness of our program; putting in place an action plan and follow up.
o Support the team to develop Dignity Kit distribution plans and post-distribution monitoring; and provide as needed support in distributions on site
- Case management support –
o With technical guidance from WPE Manager or Snr WPE Manager, provide technical support to the case management team on high risk and/or complex, difficult cases.
o Conduct weekly team case management meeting and individual supervision sessions with GBV Caseworkers at each site of operation.
o Review all case files with the Case Workers and ensure they are carefully, and safety stored in-line with the Case Management Protocol, data protection protocols, ethical standards, WPE and interagency guidelines, GBV guiding principles and best practice; raise concerns to the WPE Manager as needed;
o Support the GBV Caseworkers to ensure they are tracking and following up on referrals conducted within the case management process.
o Ensure the WPE team are using functional, survivor-centered referral pathways and conducting safe, confidential and appropriate referrals in line with best practice.
o Engage and advocate with health actors on the provision of safe and confidential access to essential life-saving health services for survivors
Staff Supervision and Development
- Directly supervise and mentor WPE Officers and GBV Caseworkers and –
- Ensure timely completion and submission of monthly timesheets, communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, probation reviews, appraisals and annual performance reviews.
- Monitor staff care and well-being and approve and manage all leave requests to ensure adequate coverage; raise any concerns to your supervisor the WPE Manager.
- Through close work with the WPE Manager and Senior WPE Officer ensure that all new staff are provided with the core WPE and GBV training package; identify opportunities for further learning and refreshers.
- Assist with the recruitment of program assistants, incentive workers and community volunteers.
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Ensure GBV information generated from our services is managed in-line with ethical standards, the GBVIMS guidelines, information sharing and data protection protocols.
- In cooperation with the WPE Manager, continuously monitor activities, assessing their relevance to the needs, priorities and interests of women and adolescent girls; raise any issues and make adaptations accordingly.
- Weekly activity summary reporting gathered from your sites; then submit a consolidated weekly bullet point report (including no case data) to the WPE Manager; and raise any challenges or concerns immediately.
- On a weekly basis gather redacted case management data from your sites and update the master Program Data and Indicator tracker; submit in time with the deadline to the Snr WPE Manager, with the WPE Managers, to review.
- Collaborate with the Humanitarian Access team, security focal points, and WPE Manager to ensure smooth access for program implementation cooperation with local stakeholders and the ability to implement programming in multiple locations and in line with humanitarian principles.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships where relevant with NGOs, UN agencies and authorities.
- Other relevant duties as assigned by the WPE Manager to support the implementation and quality of the program.
- All staff are required to adhere to The organization Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the organization country employment policies
Job Overview/Summary: The WPE Senior Officer is a roving position and will require regular weekly travel to field locations, directly supporting at least two sites of WPE activities. This position will oversee and support the day to day WPE activities in their designated sites in static centers and/or mobile locations. They will provide technical support and mentorship to the WPE team and, working closely with the WPE Manager/Senior WPE Manager, ensure quality services and implementation of – PSS and group activities aimed at building social support networks, case management for women and girl GBV survivors, risk mitigation and risk reduction activities, community-based interventions and mobilization aimed at strengthening community acceptance and support for the program and prevention. This position is based in directly supported and supervised by a WPE Manager, with technical support from the Senior WPE Manager.
Contract Duration: 4-5 months (maternity coverage)
Band / Level / Grade: 8A
Department: Integrated Protection
Overtime Eligible: Compensatory
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.