JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 5831
Job Title: WPE Officer
Application deadline: 16.10.2021
Duty Station: Raqqa
- Education: Academic qualification in social work, humanities, public health preferred.
- Work Experience: 2 years` program experience, preferably working with conflict-affected women and children
- At least, one year of experience supervising staff.
- Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
o Demonstrated interest, enthusiasm and commitment to working with women and girls, and their rights, safety, empowerment, and improving their access to resources and services;
o Strong understanding of basic counseling and psychosocial support concepts; previous training and experience in these areas strongly preferred
o Comfortable speaking about sensitive topics in an honest, professional, and thoughtful manner
o Excellent communication skills and confident interpersonal interaction
o Ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for clients at all times
o Basic computer skills and familiarity with Word/Excel
- Language Skills: Fluency in Arabic. English preferred.
– The Organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer which considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
– The organization encourages women to work with us to reach the neediest people in need of humanitarian assistance, such as women, widows and children. We are committed to providing a decent work environment that takes into account the needs of women in the workplace, such as maternity leave and safety protocols that take into account the special needs of women in the field.
Staff Management and Support
- Conduct a weekly scheduled team meeting for all staff at the Center to discuss programming progress, successes, challenges, quality and areas for improvement, adaptation or change; feedback to the Snr WPE Program Officer and put in place an action plan;
- Conduct regular 1 to 1 meetings with each of your direct-report staff to reflect on work, communicating clear expectations, setting or reviewing performance objectives, providing regular and timely performance feedback;
- Create monthly site team work plans with the Center team; review these on a weekly basis to check process and adjust if necessary;
- Conduct weekly check-in meetings with the incentive workers and volunteers to ensure they are supported in their roles and have what they need to run their activities; support on recruiting these positions for the center;
- Ensure each month you create time for a staff care and well-being activity or initiative at your Center; Monitor overall staff care and well-being and approve and manage all leave requests to ensure adequate coverage; raise any concerns to the Snr WPE Program Officer;
- Set and oversee weekly Center activity schedules with the Center team, ensure all activities are in-line with feedback and current input from women and girls and schedules are clearly communicated and widely disseminated in the community/camp;
- Ensure the center is fully equipped and has the supplies and resources it needs to run and deliver activities in the women and child spaces;
- Request other Center needs every three months, including hygiene and cleaning items and by completing your center planning tool, which includes a procurement plan;
- Send updated center planning tools to your supervisor every month;
- Ensure community outreach and engagement is conducted on a daily and weekly basis in your site; Organize and set the community outreach plan with the WPE team for community mobilisers; Work closely with the WPE Senior Program Officer to ensure the appropriate selection of topics;
- Coordinate the assessment of women and girls for the provision of dignity kits with Case Workers and Community Mobilisers, share lists with the WPE Senior Program Officer. Support the organization for dignity kit distribution in the field and post-distribution monitoring.
- Ensuring that WPE program activities are women, girl and survivor-centered, and adhere to best practice and GBV guiding principles; flagging any concerns to the Snr WPE Program Officer in a timely manner;
- Consult with the Snr WPE Program Officer on all materials, information, resources and tools to be used in PSS, non-PSS activities and community outreach, mobilization and engagement activities to ensure they are appropriate, in-line with WPE approaches and are women, girl and survivor-centered;
- Ensure all incentive workers and volunteers receive core WPE and GBV training and on-going mentoring to succeed in their roles and be supported to develop.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Submit a weekly bullet point report (with no case data) to the Snr WPE Program Officer to ensure they can keep up to date of your activities, and raise any challenges or concerns immediately;
- Ensure that information and case files are carefully and safely stored in the center in-line with data protection protocols, and raise concerns to the Snr WPE Program Officer as needed.
Job Overview/Summary: The WPE Officer will oversee and ensure the day to day running and management of one Women’s Listening Center, including the psychosocial support (PSS) and community outreach and engagement. They are responsible for all staff, incentive workers at the Center, and will support the Community Mobilisers to support any volunteers taken on. This position is based out of the Women’s Center, with some travel to the nearest organization office. This position will be directly supervised by the Senior WPE Program Officer.
Band / Level / Grade: 8B
Department: Integrated Protection
Overtime Eligible: Compensatory
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.