JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 5848
Job Title: Finance & Sub-Grants Officer
Application deadline: 24.10.2021
Duty Station: NE Syria (70% Hasakah, 30% Raqa and Derek Offices)
- Finance qualification required, preferably University Degree in accounting or business administration
- 2-3 years experience in carrying out similar responsibility, preferably in an INGO and experience of working in a multi-currency environment & Implementation partners financial management.
- A desire to learn and work in a challenging but rewarding environment
- Ability to work under pressure alone and as part of a team
- A strong sense of integrity
- Attention to detail.
- An energetic, flexible and proactive approach with the ability to work both independently and co-operatively within a team setting and maintain good working relationships
- Good organisation and administration skills to ensure that all documentation is filed on a timely basis and is easily accessible
- Excellent MS Excel and analytical skills, ability to work with large amounts of data.
- Experience of Agresso Finance System desirable.
- Strong communication and articulation skills in Arabic and in Enghish; ability to explain technical issue to non-techncial person in a simple way.
Implementing Partners (IP)
- Assessment of IP, review of budgets, proposals / agreements / financial reports.
- Maintain IP tracker, review IP advance requests & follow up for the monthly liquidation of advances.
- Monitoring & technical support visits to IP offices and training of Partners finance team in financial monitoring of IP.
- Review status of IP with respective Budget Holder on periodic basis.
- Ensure that Financial Management System (FMS) is all the time updated with IP related records.
- Maintain working relationship with the organization -NE Syria partners to ensure smooth financial implementation of projects through partners.
- Preparing the materials for partners training workshops.
- Responsible for the coordination of all the organization -NE Syria partners Audit exercises (Yearly Statutory Audit, Donor Project Specific Audit, IP Audits)
- Maintain Audit tracker, Initiate request for audit services in a timely manager to ensure each & every audit exercise is been done per scheduled time frame.
- Assist Finance Coordinator in clearing of all audit observations & also follow up for future rectification.
- Providing support in facilitating internal and external audits.
- Analyses financial accounting data on monthly basis closure to ensure compliance with the organization policies, and processing corrections where necessary in the Agresso.
- Coordinate with Awards team for financial reporting deadlines & ensure timely preparation & submission of financial reports.
- Reviewing allocation of actual costs to ensure they are being appropriately allocated to projects in line with the nature of the cost.
- Closely work with Awards team to fully understand financial & compliance aspects of donor funded portfolio and use Award Management System (AMS) to understand donor financial compliance requirements.
- Assist budget holders and NES-Finance team in preparing forecasts and analyzing BvAs
- Assist NES finance team in preparing and maintaining cost coverage analysis for all offices.
- Escalate any noted financial risks / fraud activities directly to Finance Manager.
- Submit all Internal & external financial reports in a timely manner.
- Review the official e-mails on a daily basis, respond to queries from partners and colleagues in a timely and appropriate manner, and ensure any problematic issues are raised with the line manager at the earliest opportunity.
- Ensure that reporting position to this post fully comply with the organization -NE Syria policy & procedures and arrange on / off job trainings to grow skills in the area of financial management.
- Any other task assigned by line manager.
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
How to Apply:
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
INGO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
The application period closes on 24 Oct 2021
NOTE: Please mention your English and Computer skills clearly in your application
Applicants may submit their CVs with their cover letter, address; telephone number and contact information firstname.lastname@example.org – Subject of the email must clearly state ” Finance & Sub-Grants Officer”