JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 6008
Job Title: Deputy Camp Manager – DCM (NES)
Application deadline: 25.11.2021
Duty Station: NES
o University degree (i.e., at least Bachelor level)
o Minimum 5 years of total experience.
o Minimum 2 year of supervision experience
o Advanced proficiency in Arabic (i.e., speaking and writing)
o Advanced proficiency in English (i.e., speaking and writing)
o Advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite (i.e., word, excel, PowerPoint), designing data entry tools (i.e., excels form, Kobo collect toolbox), data analysis and reporting skills
o Ability to travel between Hasake & Amouda and surrounding area
o At least 3 years’ working experience with an NGO / humanitarian agency (local or international).
o At least 2 years’ experience in managing teams with proven interpersonal and leadership skills.
o Experience working in CCCM (Camp Management)
o Demonstrate knowledge on key humanitarian principles and Project Management Cycle.
o Flexibility/ability to work on emergency activities.
o Experience in at least three of the following areas: conducting assessments/ data collection (Kobo), Service Monitoring, supervising volunteers, implementing small infrastructure projects, training, communicating with Communities, Organizing and taking minutes of meetings, Establishment of Community Governance Mechanisms.
o Certificate/Training in Camp coordination/management.
o Experience in training and capacity building staff and external stakeholder
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Project planning and implementation
- a) In collaboration with the CM, prepare a long-term work plan in consultation with all CCCM units, considering community needs, the longer-term vision of the site and project/donor requirements.
- b) Ensure/co-lead regular staff coordination meetings and follow-up on the timely implementation of the workplan.
- c) Supervise the Site Maintenance and Community mobilization units in their day-to-day activities and support them to achieve their targets.
- d) Contribute to service provision in line with minimum standards and through close collaboration with service providers, camp residents and the camp administration
- Ensure service delivery in line with minimum standards
- e) Ensure effective CwC schemes are in place, including the development of an inclusive governance structure.
- f) Supervise service monitoring exercises and addressing of gaps through the CCCM units, referrals, advocacy and follow-up with service providers.
- g) Supervise the identification and implementation of site maintenance activities, ensuring inclusive access to services.
- h) Support the performing of site assessments, service and stakeholder mappings and contribute to maintaining updated contact lists.
- i) Strengthen coordination mechanisms on site with various stakeholders.
- j) Hold coordination meetings for the site and team meetings as required.
- External relations
- a) Undertake communication and liaison activities to actively consult and involve beneficiaries, key informants, actors, partners and stakeholders in all stages of project design and implementation.
- b) Cultivate good relations with key humanitarian actors – local and international through regular attendance and facilitation of meetings.
- c) Maintain excellent relationships with local authorities, IDP community members and host community in order to ensure smooth communication, activity implementation, and community outreach.
- d) Ensure that always contact with beneficiaries is conducted in a sensitive and respectful manner.
- e) Identify opportunities to collaborate and coordinate efforts with other organizations to ensure complementarity of activities and gap filling.
- f) Support with troubleshooting and conflict resolution with third parties.
- Quality control
- a) Assess the CCCM activities undertaken and ensure efficient use of resources and quality implementation.
- b) Provide technical guidance and supervision to CCCM units, regularly monitor implementation and flag urgent issues as they arise.
- c) Document lessons learned and best practices and contribute to strengthening institutional memory.
- a) Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges in coordination with the CM.
- b) Contribute to external reporting as required.
- Administration and Operational Management of CCCM Activities Implementation
- a) Support the Camp Manager with budget follow-up and forecasts, regarding the XXXX units.
- b) lead the review and submission of FLATs documents for XXXX units.
- a) Support the Camp Manager with procurement planning and follow-up, leading all procurement follow up for the ComMob and SM units, including the preparation of procurement plans, OFs, TCs, etc. up until the signature of the completion certificate.
- b) Ensure a proper management and use of the project assets and stocks.
- c) Lead CCCM team movements based on available fleet and applicable policies.
– Compliance and filing
- a) Keep record of all CCCM documents on the server and as hard copy as needed.
– Security and contingency planning
- b) Ensure that each team member is aware of security issues, policies, SOPs and they follow them accordingly.
- c) Contribute to drafting and updating camp contingency plans.
- d) Lead the drafting and submission of SIRs.
- a) Ensure timely recruitment of staff and daily labor in anticipation of needs and avoidance of gaps.
- b) Follow up on staff management, including development of ToRs, leave planning, performance appraisals and the identification of recruitment needs.
- c) Strengthening of team capacity through trainings and/or the identification/flagging of training needs, the development of improvement plans and highlighting of performance gaps to the CM.
- d) Ensure that staff understand and can perform their roles and responsibilities.
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
To apply for this opportunity, you are kindly requested to read the following points:
1- Read the job description carefully.
2- You may need to create a G-mail account.
3- Fill in the job application form through the following link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.