JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 6148
Job Title: Medical Manager – Amuda & Al Hasaka
Application deadline: 19.12.2021
Duty Station: Haska and Amuda
- Degree of Medical doctor or nursing related studies, Public health background is highly desirable
- At least 1-year certified work experience in Program Management with a medical organization
- Ability to work effectively, under pressure, and with short deadlines with Minimum Supervision
- Necessity to manage priorities and to adapt them according to the context.
- Arabic and Kurdish mother tongue. Fluent English is required for the position
- Advance knowledge of Excel, MS office, Power Point, outlook
- Flexibility, reactivity, anticipation, adaptability.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good computer and reporting skills.
- Good communication skills.
- The Medical Program Manager for North Syria (NS) will consistently monitor the healthcare situation in North Syria Governorates jointly with the organization medical team (if any) and the medical referent(s) at partner’s level.
- Contribute to the project proposals development in terms of implementation of activities by provide medical input based on health needs assessment and the analysis of the medical data collected of the supported health facility in all the governorate where the base is located.
- Collect data, indicators, surveys and assessments according to the mission’s needs, as requested by the Medco, provide input and contribute to analysis.
- With the support of the medical coordinator, he/she will perform health need assessments, as requested and with the support of the medical staff at PHC level, contribute to the development/review/upgrade of the medical activities according to the needs.
- Be responsible to ensure, at the field level, that medical/clinical services are implemented in good quality, and according to organization protocols.
- Together with the medical referent at partner’s level, closely follow and monitor the needs and the cooperation of the partners and identify relevance/gap of support provided by Organization.
- Along with the Medical Coordinator, propose any revision or update of medical protocols, service provision and partnerships.
- Provide continuous input to Coordination team to ensure that the different components of the program are consistent and in line with the health needs of the population.
- Team Management:
- He/she is delegated from the Field Co and the Medco for managing, monitoring and supervising all project Organization medical team if any; and delegate tasks when needed.
- Support and directly manage the organization medical team (if any) in the management of the project activities/pharmacy/partners
- Evaluate the competency of the staff under his direct supervision; build their capacity accordingly with the support and guidance of the Medical Coordinator and the field coordinator.
- Organize the team annual holidays and plan for replacements.
- With the support of his team (if any) and the medical referent at partner’s level, identify the training needs of the medical and paramedical team, conduct or organize trainings, follow up and evaluations.
- Jointly with the team (if any) and the medical referent at partner’s level; train the medical staff directly in the PHC, when border crossing is feasible
- Implement staff meetings and report to medical coordination
- Organize and conduct technical monthly meeting with the implementing partner and the Organization supported Health Facility to guarantee continuous follow up and support.
- Participate in the recruitment process of the team under his direct supervision and with partners
- Report any HR issues to the line manager. Resolving team conflicts by actively involving HR coordination.
- Instant information sharing with the line and technical manager about influx of IDP’s; new camps; or any context updates
- Receive morbidity data of implemented services on weekly/monthly basis; review; analyze and submit to medical coordination team
- In charge of developing and follow up the medical data and project medical indicators
- Receive monthly reports from the medical team data collector.
- Provide a monthly report to Medical Coordination, detailing activities done, supervision, training given, assessments undertaken etc.
- Submit minutes of the staff meetings done with the teams
- Report PHC visit feedbacks to Field manager and Medco.
- Report any security related issues to Field coordinator.
- Quality Management
- Promote and use the Organization guidelines, protocols and operating procedures.
- Implement relevant policies and standards relating to health service delivery including WHO and UNICEF standards, Ministry of Health and donor guidelines and other good practice.
- -Participate as requested in Organization internal workshops and training sessions to keep up with changing trends, new guidelines and best practices.
- Communication & Coordination
- As relevant, He/She attends on behalf of the Medical Coordinator and represent Organization in medical technical meetings and workshop (such as WHO, HSWG, Nutrition Sector group, MHPSS Sector group, etc. and technical bilateral meetings)
- Maintain regular contacts with other medical NGOs and organizations, through meetings, training, workshops, etc.
- Attend technical team meetings and coordination team meetings.
- Manage the correct and timely ordering of all necessary medicines, supplies and equipment for the assigned health activities, ensuring minimum stocks are maintained and items are distributed correctly
- Work closely with the Mission Pharmacist and the Medical Team to monitor rational prescription of drugs, monthly consumption corelated to morbidity data, to ensure that Pharmacy management is done according to international standards.
- Participation in assessments/service mapping, where and when necessary.
- Keep Organization team informed on any issues related to logistics needs for the medical teams in the PHC
- Supporting operational organization of PHC trips and Organization programs/activities
- Translate verbally and by written when necessary.
- Participate to internal meetings.
- Any other related ORGANIZATION tasks as assigned by supervisor/line manager.
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.