JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 6153
Job Title: Information Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) Technical Assistant
Application deadline: 22.12.2021
Duty Station: NES – Al Hole Camp
Generic professional competencies:
- Experience of working as a Project Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience of working as a practicing lawyer preferred.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Proven skills and experience in report writing, and representing an organization in public forums.
- Ability to prioritise responsibilities, carry out multiple tasks simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- Fluency in Arabic, English preferred.
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- A University degree in law is preferred; degree, preferably in law and practicing lawyer with Bar Association license
- Previous experience in the Protection sector, including familiarity with civil documentation and housing land and property laws, procedures and practices operative in Syria.
- At least 2 years’ experience with legal representation in civil law matters in Syria courts, including familiarity with housing, land and property and civil documentation issues, laws, procedures and practices operative in Syria preferred.
- At least two years’ experience in delivering awareness raising sessions, and/or the provision of one-on-one counselling and referral services to vulnerable beneficiaries preferred.
- Proven skills and experience in case management and referral mechanisms.
- Advanced computer skills, especially in Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic essential and English preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure and with limited supervision in a challenging environment;
- Pro-active, goal-oriented and results driven;
- Flexible and creative;
- Excellent communication skills;
- A sense of humor.
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environment
Specific responsibilities: • Provide accurate and relevant information, counselling, and legal assistance services to the organisation’s beneficiaries, to ensure that beneficiaries are aware and can access their rights with regards to essential humanitarian services, housing land and property (HLP) and civil documentation issues; • Provide referral services for beneficiaries to service providers in line with ORG policy; • Input and update beneficiary data into ICLA’s case management tools; • Assess the essential services, civil documentation and HLP situation in the camp in order to ensure that ORG respects and promotes the rights of beneficiaries and stakeholders. Ensure this is in line with ORG policies and do no harm principle, under the guidance of line Manager and the ICLA Project Coordinator and ICLA Project Manager; • Advocate for recognition of civil documentation, HLP rights, and access to services of displaced persons when engaging with stakeholders, including local authorities and humanitarian partners; • Supervise the work of ICLA incentive workers and ensure that they are complying with ORG and ICLA policies, as agreed with ICLA management; • Conduct training on HLP and civil documentation in line with training materials developed and as agreed with ICLA management; • Undertake regular monitoring & evaluation of ICLA activities, and contribute to monthly progress reports on activities, highlighting any technical or operational successes and challenges; • Adhere to ICLA policies, donor agreements, work plans, budgets and procurement plans; • Adhere to ORG’s Human Resource, Financial, Logistics & Security policies and procedures, and coordinate with these support departments to ensure timely implementation of ICLA activities; • Any other task relevant to the position as requested by the line manager or ICLA Project Coordinator or ICLA Project Manager.
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Reports to: ICLA Officer
Supervision of: Community Based Non-Staff Workers
Number of positions: 1
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.