JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 6275
Job Title: Senior Agriculture and VSLA Officer
Application deadline: 15.01.2022
Duty Station: Hasaka
- University degree in agricultural studies, bachelor`s degree; master`s would be an asset
- At least 3 years of previous related experience
- The senior officer should have good communication skills and able to work within a team to achieve program objectives.
- The senior officer should have a background in agronomy and will be trained in relevant assessment techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members in a cross cultural environment is required
- Demonstrated flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving
- Proven ability to learn quickly, lead a program to achieve stated results and objectives
- Effective verbal and written communication, multi-tasking, organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to work effectively with an ethnically diverse team in a sensitive environment
- High job ethics
- Demonstrated attention to details
- Ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel, as well as with project partners and community members
- Computer skills – Word and Excel will be an asset
- Ability to conduct oneself with sensitivity and respect toward others
- Knowledge of Arabic, English and Kurdish.
Project Planning and Preparation
- Prepare for and conduct field training days for agriculture officer, assistants and volunteers.
- Provide technical support to the field staff conducting germination tests and seeds quality tests.
- Co- ordinate and monitor the implementation of the activities of local level of Agriculture program.
- Supervise the verification and registration process the vulnerable households across the locations mentioned.
- Lead and manage day by day the VSLA team and provide the required support and training which ensure the program stages (VSLA orientation, registration, data collection, training, monitoring) are on track and copy with the IRC objectives and goals and provide the monthly reports to a supervisor.
- Involve in the market assessment and vendor verification.
- Support Senior ERD manager and Early recovery manager for any agriculture proposal development.
- Ensure to keep files for all procurement and program distribution.
- Organize project planning, kick-off and start-up meetings and workshops with the project team and partners
- Prepare field assessments and surveys to design project approaches, target groups, beneficiary selection criteria and collect baseline data.
- Support to develop project SOPs, guidelines and tools to facilitate project implementation
Monitoring, Evaluation and Control
- Lead and work with Early recovery Manager and MEAL team on tools need to develop program response relating to Value chain , market assessment , Agro Business , etc.
- Ensure transparency in accounting, reporting and documenting Agriculture cash assistance, distribution, VSLA and Agriculture inputs activities, and ensure compliance with standards and donor policies.
- Coordinate and assist early recovery Manager in collection of data to measure indicators and ensure reliability of information.
- Discuss with the ERD Team about challenges encountered in the projects, and provide suggestions concerning relevant changes to be introduced
- Complete any required monitoring as outlined by the early recovery manager/Senior ERD manager and ERD Coordinator.
- Monitor the work of field staff, partners and service contractors through periodic field visits, progress reviews and monitoring & progress reports from field teams.
- Support to design Monitoring and Evaluation system for the assigned project and ensure field staff is fully aware about monitoring requirements including data collection and reporting.
- Provide data and information for assigned project in line with the MEAL plans designed jointly with the MEAL department.
- Ensure that work procedures and relevant standard operating procedures (SOPs) are understood and being carried out throughout the implementation by staff and partners.
- Provide technical support and coaching to field staff, partners and service contractors to ensure field implementation is in line with agreed work plans, SOPs and implementation guidelines.
- Review project work plans on a regular basis to ensure implementation is on track with agreed work plans
- Work closely with safety and security focal points to ensure field implementation is in line with safety and security protocols. This includes preparing timely movement requests for field trips, report safety and security incidents from the field, regular communication with safety and security focal points on field movements.
- Work closely with the ERD program coordinator, Senior ERD program manager and other departments to ensure timely support from finance, logistic and procurement throughout implementation of assigned projects. This includes, preparing cash advance requests, procurement requests, warehousing support, etc.
- Support the early recovery Manager to prepare spending plans, procurement plans and cash projections related to agriculture activities.
- Identify and report any foreseeable significant over- or under-spend related to agriculture and VSLA lines.
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.