JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 6282
Job Title: Protection Program Manager
Application deadline: 17.01.2022
Duty Station: Hasakeh
- University degree in psychology, social work, pedagogy, social sciences, human rights, Gender or another relevant field An advanced university degree is desirable
- Minimum five-years’ experience project management skills – working with an INGO or LNGO.
- Minimum five-years previous experience in protection/GBV/CP/MHPSS programming.
- Proven experience in implementing protection activities through partnerships with local NGOs
- Proven experience in managing and leading protection team
- Proven experience in managing humanitarian projects, budgets, and human resources.
- Proven experience in implementing case management and psychosocial support services.
- Proven experience in designing and delivering humanitarian trainings.
- Previous experience in emergency contexts and in the provision of assistance to IDPs and/or refugees.
- Ability to work in volatile settings and under-pressure.
- Excellent knowledge of protection, CP and GBV international standards and guidelines.
- Excellent drafting and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication, coordination, and representation skills.
- Excellent command (written and spoken) of English and Arabic.
- Good interpersonal skills to work effective with different stakeholders, including different communities in the target areas, humanitarian actors, service providers, local and national authorities.
- Previous experience working in North-East Syria.
- Lead Protection strategy development, implementation, support, and follow-up in order to be able to highlight and analyze possible challenges that could lead to re-orient certain activities or collaboration.
- Participate in the development of new project proposals (including development of logical framework, budget and work plan)
- Design and support protection needs assessments. Train the assessment team on the data collection tools and ensure protection is mainstreamed during assessment exercises. Support/ carry out data analysis and report.
- Oversee the development and regular update of the program and project work plan. Oversee the development of monthly planning aligned with the program’s objective, activities and targets through developing detailed implementation plan to be monitored.
- Supervise the Program Officers in the development of weekly plans.
- Oversee program implementation to ensure timely and accurate delivery/reporting of project activities.
- Identify and share with the DDP any technical/programmatic issues, potential risks and proactively propose solutions and adjustments.
- Take into account gender, protection, disability and other important cross-cutting concerns in program design, implementation; carry out activities in a way that reflects the needs of specific groups and individuals.
- Review monthly cash requirements and submit protection program cash projections
- Managing program budget lines and ensure proper and effective use of program resources through Review monthly financial reports (BVAs) and provide inputs and comments to Finance/ DDP
- Ensure gender is fully considered throughout the project cycle
- Work with the MEAL department on the development of adapted M&E tools and ensure staff are trained on its use and implement it.
- Contribute in strengthening data protection SOPs for protection programming. Ensure beneficiaries’ data are collected and managed in a safe and ethical way; especially regarding case management.
- Monitor the work of team members/field staff and partners through periodic field visits, progress reviews and monitoring and progress reports from field teams.
- Lead/ contribute to project monitoring and evaluation processes by documenting best practices, lessons learnt, beneficiary interviews, case studies and capturing field photos/videos.
- Ensure lessons learnt and best practices are fully included in the protection program and develop activity forms.
- Take into account gender, protection, disability and other important cross-cutting concerns in program’s monitoring and evaluation to assess whether activities implemented address the needs of the most vulnerable.
- Ensure periodical data collection and internal and external reporting in coordination with the MEAL team. Ensure quality of data collection process.
- Ensure monthly narrative reports are prepared on time
- Contribute to the development of donors’ intermediary and final reports
- Provide inputs for MEAL staff and management to prepare external reports as requested.
- Develop appropriate targeting criteria and mechanisms to ensure the needs of identified vulnerable groups are met.
- Support the FCRM in identifying the main protection risks and barriers to address and enhance the system accessibility.
- Assist with the recruitment and supervision of national staff.
- • Directly supervise Protection Program/Partnership Officers.
- • Ensures all team members have a clear understanding of program objectives, targets and results.
- • Assign clearly defined tasks to team members according to agreed priorities, and support them in order to reach project objectives.
- • Oversee the development of movement plans and weekly plans
- • Provide regular feedback during weekly team meetings
- • Design and conduct technical protection and program management trainings.
- • Monitor staff work and performances and provide regular and constructive feedbacks. Conduct performance appraisals when required.
- • Oversee internal communication and coordination mechanisms; especially through the conduction of regular team’s meetings. Strengthen referral mechanisms among the protection team.
- • Conduct regular assessment of capacity-building needs of staff. Prepare and regularly revise capacity-building plans.
- • Identify capacity-building, learning and training opportunities.
- • Help build knowledge and skills via the design and facilitation of trainings and review sessions on protection programming and related,
- Ensuring that an effective system is in place for sharing best practice and communicating policies, and recommended strategies, tools and techniques with staff and partners in the projects
- Participate in identifying new partnerships for Protection Program, according to eligibility criteria.
- • Supervise the development of new Sub grant agreements (SGA) with partners and ensure accuracy and consistency of programmatic documentation.
- • Provide guidance to the Protection Partnership Officer (PPO) in coordinating with the program partners to ensure qualitative delivery of services as per the SGAs.
- • Develop organizational capacity-building plans and provide trainings and technical coaching sessions to partners.
- • Support the PPO in the organization and conduction of regular meetings and workshops with partners.
- • Ensure through the partnership officer partner monthly reports, financial reports are received on time, reviewed and submitted/ uploaded.
- • Ensure verification reports are reviewed and submitted on time and red flag issues are reviewed and appropriate action Is taken.
- • Ensure SGA are properly closed and the due process is completed.
- • Be actively involved in keeping and setting up networks and linkages with key stakeholders (beneficiaries, community leaders, local NGOs)
- • Actively participate in protection working group and relevant sub group meetings and keep updated on recent developments, issues and trends
- • Ensure constant coordination and communication with MEAL team to conduct all MEAL activities for the project program.
- • Ensure constant coordination and communication with the other programs to enhance integrated interventions and activities. Train the staff on and disseminate NES internal referral pathway and SOPs. Provide technical guidance on protection and GBV mainstreaming to other programs’ management staff and oversee operationalization of the protection mainstreaming strategy in the activities.
- • Maintain regular communication and good professional relationships with local and camps’ authorities, UN agencies, International/Local NGOs and promote mission values and strategy.
- • Develop and support an excellent working relationship between implementing and non-implementing partners based on effective and timely communication
- Contribute to the development of project procurement plan and activity bills of quantities.
- Use programme resources effectively, and mobilize local resources wherever possible. Oversee protection related procurement plan and ensure relevant purchase are completed on time.
- Bring special attention to risks of fraud and corruption and ensure whistleblowing policy and mechanisms are disseminated and understood by the team.
- Ensure movement plan are prepared on time and according to project activities schedule.
- Ensure understanding and compliance of the team towards security policy and procedures.
- Report without delay any security issue / incident to the S&S focal point and the line manager and ensure security of the staff on the field.
- Act as PSEA Focal Point for NES and comply with related role and responsibilities if needed
- Ensure understanding of and compliance to PSEA and Child Safeguarding (CS) policies and reporting mechanisms. Support staff training on PSEA and CS when required.
- Ensure affected populations are fully aware about PSEA and CS policies and know how to report in a safe and confidential way.
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.