JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 6288
Job Title: Project Officer – Civil Society NES
Application deadline: 18.01.2022
Duty Station: Amuda
- Minimum 3 years experience in development and civil society work and preferably university degree in political scince, social sciences, human rights, gender and women studies, or other relevant advanced educational degree.
- At least one year of relevant experience in civil society empowerment programmes in NES.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of civil society, women and youth issues and participation.
- Experience working with NGOs, INGOs, the UN agencies and understanding of the unique, complex operating environment in NES, Syria and the Middle East.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the international and regional convensions, civil society, women and youth rights and participation.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding in project, financial and partner grant management, program monitoring and evaluation and very good report writing skills (in English).
- Knowledge and understanding on relevant legislative frameworks in NES and plans on Women Empowerment and Combating (S)GBV and CVE.
- Proficiency in English, Kurdish and Arabic language skills, both written and verbal.
- Good interpersonal skills, good communication, organizational and analytical skills and ability to work well in a team.
- Good understanding of local partnerships and capacity building to ensure quality implementation and minimize risk.
- Able to work effectively under, and adapt to difficult conditions.
- Familiarity with monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel within NES.
- Relevant university degree or equivalent experience.
- Good English and Arabic language skills, both written and verbal.
- Good understanding of ICT systems and experience with MS Office applications, including Excel.
- At least 3 years of proven experience in development programming including in one or more of the following sectors: Human Rights, Democracy and Political Participation, Political Processes GBV, Protection, Youth Participation, Freedom of Expression.
- Strong communication, organizational, analytical and leadership skills, with ability to work well in a team, especially in local partnership.
- Experience as a successful project manager in an international context working with local partners.
- Experience of long distance (remote) management tools and working with local NGO partners, including capacity building and organizational support to partners.
- Strong knowledge of cultural and political contexts in the NES.
- Strong technical and coordination skills, with the ability to lead, inspire and build competence of implementing partner staff and achieve results through others.
- Self-driven with integrity, initiative and ability to think and work independently
- Strong communication, networking and interpersonal skills
- The Project Officer is to abide by the policies and personal code of conduct by the Norwegian People’s Aid and represent the organisation in a loyal and responsible manner.
- All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks including vetting and due delegenc.
Under direct supervion of the Projects Manager (PjM), and the overall programme guidance of the Programme Manager (PM), the position holder will be responsible to support the development, management and monitoring of the civil society development and participation projects, in line with NPA’s overall strategies, plans and policies and in coordination with the management team.
- In coordination with the PjM and PM ensure coordination with all relevant stakeholders, local authorities and other organisations engaged in the development initiatives and working groups in NES.
- Assist the PjM and other NPA units in the process of partner identification and verification.
- Maintain active coordination and cooperation with local partners, I/NGOs and other stakeholders.
- Be the principal day to day link between NPA and its partners.
- Closely follow up the status of civil society development, women and youth, human rights, CVE as well as the CSOs in NES and keep the PjM and the management team updated accordingly.
- Interact with local communities amd authorities and may/should the occasion arise, have to act variously as advocater, moderator, and/or mentor. These functions require on the part of the position holder, an ability to relate to the needs and aspirations of the underprivileged in a manner that is both supportive and respectful of culture and traditions.
- Under overall guidance of the Country Director, PM and in cooperation with the PjM, ensure adequate risk management in NPA project activities, including streamlining integration of risk and security management perspectives in all strategic and programmatic processes.
- Oversee the implementation of the project activities in accordance with plans and activity budget.
- Assist the PjM in developing and monitoring work plans, budgets, and progress reports that NPA donors require, and other reports required from partner organizations.
- Contibute in monitoring project expenditures, and, with the PjM and finance team, develop monthly expenditure projections.
- Monitor grant agreements and sub-agreements with partners.
- Work with the PjM to monitor and revise budgets, as needed.
- In liaison with the MEAL unit, prepare and regularly update the Project Monitoring Plan (PMP).
- Participate in grant opening meetings, conduct required preparation for the meeting and strictly follow up the decisions made in the meeting.
- Support the partner organizations in the process of proposal writing, budgets, logical framework and implementation plans. Review and provide input regarding partner contracts and budgets (originals and amendments).
- Organise project kick off and steering committee meetings on quarterly basis,provide materials to partners and organise the agenda in liaison with DPM.
- Oversee contracts agreements with the partners, ensure timeliness and quality reporting of both financial and narrative reports, in cooperation with the other NPA departments. Follow up on partners budget spending plan and organise payment requests for instalments.
- Conduct regular visits and communication with partners on a daily basis to follow up project activity implementation and provide coaching and mentoring when required.
- Participate in conducting assessment meetings with potential local partners for soliciting their proposals and concept notes to NPA.
- Assist NPA team in the process of partners’ capacity building assessment, development of capacity building plans and tools and help partners in designing their organisational development plan.
- Assist team members and partners in both financial and narrative proposal and reporting to ensure good quality, timeliness, accuracy, achieve donor demands and improve project implementation.
- Act as focal point for communication between partners and NPA departments.
- Support the PM and contribute in preparing project proposals, reports and information material.
- Participate in giving inputs and updates for different reports such as Final Narrative Report, Quarterly Report, among others.
- Represent NPA in formal events such as conferences and meetings conduct by stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain proper soft and hard copy archive system for all projects under his/her responsibility.
- Other duties assigned by the Project Manager, Programme Manager and/or the Country Director in relation to programme.
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Department/Project/Region Amuda, NES
Last revised: October 2021
Immediate Superior: Projects Manager (PjM)
Shall report to: Projects Manager (PjM)
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Applicants may submit their CVs with their contact details and telephone number to: HRiraqsyria@npaid.org before closing date January 18th,2022.
Please mention the vacancy title: CSPO – Amuda in subject box of your email
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.