JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 6289
Job Title: MEAL Officer (for maternity cover)
Application deadline: 17.01.2022
Duty Station: Raqqa
- Education: Bachelor degree in sociology, economics, math, engineering, IT, IM, or similar
- Professional experience: mandatory minimum 1 year of experience in similar position in NGO (understanding beneficiary feedback mechanisms/complaint response mechanisms)
o Very good communication skills (written and verbal) in Arabic, Kurdish;
o Basic in English.
- Fully computer literate including knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PPT)
- Practical knowledge of KOBO toolbox, including questionnaire design in MS Excel.
Under the responsibility of the MEAL Team leader (TL) and supervision of the WASH Program Managers, the MEAL Officer works on the monitoring of the activities’ implementation. He/she collects data and provides evidences of the program’s progress and achievements. He/she implements the Complaints Response Mechanism (CRM) and ensures transparency and accountability throughout all programming to the beneficiaries.
List of main tasks:
Monitoring and Evaluation
– MEAL Officer contributes to the organisation, planning and preparation of MEAL activities:
o Contributes to the creation & feedback of monitoring & evaluation tools
o Supports the MEAL Team leader in centralizing and organizing data collection for activities and outputs as defined in the M&E plan.
– Collect monitoring data using SI tools:
- Actively participate in assessment tools and forms training sessions led by the MEAL TL/WASH PM.
- Collect accurate and comprehensive data at field level (post distribution monitoring, beneficiary selection verification etc.) and make sure that all available aspects are covered.
- Ensure that all data is entered on time and consistency and quality is of a high level.
- Monitor that crosscutting aspects like gender and “do no harm” are taken into account in the activities.
- Monitor humanitarian situation and provide relevant information regularly to the MEAL Team Leader.
- Participate in external MEAL activities (e.g. peer-to-peer monitoring)
- Ensure that contractual qualitative and quantitative data about programmes is easily available upon request.
Accountability & Learning
- Ensure beneficiaries are aware and feel comfortable to use the Complaints Response Mechanism (CRM) in all of its different forms.
- Actively participate and on-train other non-MEAL staff on the CRM process, its objectives and the importance of accountability in general.
- Ensure the appropriate selection on beneficiaries through performing beneficiary selection verification processes with each selection phase.
- Make recommendations to the MEAL TL and WASH PM regarding improvements to be made for the CRM and beneficiary selection process.
- Conduct baseline & end line surveys, providing analysis on the difference at the end of the program and potential (positive & negative impacts)
- Identify potential negative impacts of the activities as they are being implemented
- Formulate preliminary recommendations on how to improve the activities
- Actively participate in Lessons Learnt Workshops at the end of each program.
- Draft M&E reports and provide project updates and recommendations as requested by the MEAL Manager.
- Keep monitoring tools and files archived.
- Perform other ad-hoc tasks as directed by the MEAL PMA, MEAL Manager or Program Coordinator.
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Thank to send your application with a resume, cover letter, copy of diplomas, and work certificate, to SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL by email to : Raq.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.