JOB Vacancy Announcement #: NES-RQA-SEC-0124
Job Title: Security Guard (5 positions)
Application deadline: 22-Jan-22
Duty Station: Raqqa
- Certification as a security guard or military
- Prior experience as a security/military employee is preferred
- Primary medical training preferred.
- Prior experience for at least 3 years as a Guard for similar level duties
- Understand campus security needs
- Knowledge of using campus security systems
- English language proficiency preferred
- Main Entrance Point: This is the main entry point where visitors (non MRFS staff) enter and exit the location. The reason of the visit is verified and a visitor ID is checked.
- Reception Duty: Assisting visitors upon their arrival at the location in an effective and professional manner and registering their names (visitors). Issuing visitor ID badges and directing them to the relevant destination in the location.
- The security guards shall be briefed when necessary by the NSFP and or CSM in regards to visits by senior MRFS staff, NGO’S, donors or changes to the security situation and receive any work-related instructions when or where applicable
- Security guards shall perform their duties at the main entry point or designated point of entry to the MRFS location.
- Security guards shall not be overly familiar, and act in an informal way with the MRFS staff, beneficiaries and visitors for any reason.
- Entry to MRFS locations outside normal working hours i.e. at weekends, national holidays etc. by MRFS staff shall be recorded in the visitor’s log sheet/book.
- For the performance of the security services, the security guards will be given keys to the main gates of the location. In such cases, the logistic officer shall issue a written receipt to the guards and a log book showing the handover of keys and other MRFS issued items will be kept in good order.
- If the security situation dictates then search of visitors using hand held metal detectors are to be used to search visitors and their belongings/bags. Vehicle searches may also be implemented when required.
- In case of emergency (fire, theft, sabotage, attack, bombing alert, flood, etc.), the security guards shall first attend the scene, ensure there is no one injured, then immediately notify the MRFS local/national security focal point (NSFP) in the location who will in turn notify the Country Security Manager (CSM) for further follow up action.
- Security guards will assist with any evacuation related to fire and ensure fire extinguishers are secured in the designated locations at all times and in full working order if discovered to be damaged then they will should inform the NSFP.
- To regularly patrol the interior and exterior (where possible) of the location paying particular attention to any suspect packages/objects/vehicles/individuals in the area of the location.
- To inspect perimeter defenses such as gates (checking they are still locked and not tampered with), fences (are still intact and not cut or otherwise damaged), barbed wire (is adequate to serve its purpose and has not be tampered with).
- To reduce the impact of any attack carried out against the MRFS location through warning the MRFS staff, calling for assistance and helping with evacuation or other reaction as required.
- To prevent the theft of MRFS property.
- To remain in post until a proper handover has been completed with their replacement.
- To brief their replacement about any unusual events on your shift or changes to be implemented after briefings from MRFS NSFP or CSM.
- Ensure that all equipment is in good working order before you hand it over, during and handing over to your relief.
- If CCTV is in operation at you location it is to be monitored when in position and any faults are to be reported immediately to the NSFP.
Advertiser: Medical Relief for Syria
MRFS is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to MRFS email: email@example.com
- Please indicate the code of the position (NES-RQA-SEC-0124) in the Subject line.
- CVs without the subject line “ NES-RQA-SEC-0124” will not be considered.
- Only CVs in Word and pdf format will be accepted, other formats will be ignored.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
ion the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.