JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 6318
Job Title: Senior Project Officer/ FSL – Governance
Application deadline: 27.01.2022
Duty Station: AMUDA base covering Hasake and Der ezzor.
The governance senior officer is required to embody the following qualities and to maintain compliance with ACTED Rule and Policies at all times:
- Bachelor’s degree in education. Diploma or master’s degree is an advantage.
- At least 4 years of total experience.
- At least 2-year work experience with an INGO in capacity building program in governance and organisational aspects for local CSOs or CBOs.
- At least one year experience in supervising team with I/NGOs (minimum an officer position).
- Advanced English (written and spoken), and fluent in Arabic.
- Intermediate knowledge in using Microsoft office, especially word and Excel.
- Ability to travel locally in Hasake and Der ezzor governorates (not GoS areas).
- Ability to work under pressure in a high-pace environment.
- Ability to manage complaints.
- Willingness to follow instructions, especially those related to security
- Excellent social and communication skills.
- High commitment to cultural sensitivity, honesty, integrity, Trust-worthiness and accountability.
- Organized, methodical, and thorough work ethic.
- Dedication and proven interest in displacement issues, field work and humanitarian programming.
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Intermediate level of using Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- a) Technical capacity activities:
- a) Lead the mapping of community-based organization and civil society organizations in the intervention area and assessing their strengths, weaknesses, and potential for support.
- b) Conduct capacity assessment for the organization selected using the Grassroots Organizational Capacity Assessment (GOCA) methodology.
- c) Design and conduct workshop sessions based on the organizational assessments for the CBOs/CSOs selected and design the training and mentoring plan for each organization based on the assessment.
- d) Design and conduct participatory trainings of selected CBOs/CSOs including promoting transparency, accountability and human rights within the governance and civil society sphere.
- e) Design and implement once needed a dedicated mentoring adapted to each CBOs/CSOs selected including a multisector approach to community and female engagement in civil society.
- f) Based on the Grassroots assessments define a clear action plan with each CBOs/CSOs selected with priority activities along with objectives and indicators to address identified issues using resources from the community itself.
- g) Lead the capitalization by organizing workshops with trained CBOs/CSOs to share their experience, present current functions, are of needs, design of a harmonized structure and define soles and responsibilities.
- h) Finalize and/or translate key CBO capacity building plan and materials, documents, to and from English.
- b) Support to the implementation of the activities
- a) In coordination with the logistic and finance departments he/she follows up on the activities defined by the PM.
- b) Design and planning of the activities with the selected CBOs/CSOs.
- c) Evaluate and update the project needs.
- d) Identify and inform the Project Manager of any problems or constraints.
- e) Proposes solutions or improvements to the Project Manager to ensure the program activities are implemented with quality, according to the objectives and on time.
- f) Supports the Program Manager on the monitoring of the project progress and write relevant reports.
- g) To prepare, check the quality and accuracy of all documents submitted by the governance officers.
- h) Project documentation at every stage aligned with ACTED documentation memo.
- i) Support the Project Manager in their work with AMEU.
- j) Work additional hours if needed by the implementation of the activities.
Under the authority of the Project Manager, the community-based organisation Officer is responsible for supporting the implementation and follow up of ACTED’s Community Based Organization (CBO) and civil society (CSO) program activities. The senior Officer will focus on the design and implementation of trainings, workshops and other creative capacity building measures designed to strengthen the organizational capacity of several selected CBOs/CSOs.
Mission1: Build and update the governance intervention strategy.
Mission2: Oversee the governance operation and provide the day-to-day support to the governance officers including but not limited to technical consultation, and capacity building training.
Mission3: Develop the capacity building approach and training materials for the CBOs/CSOs.
Mission4: Lead the capacity building process for the selected CBOs/CSOs.
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
- IMPORTANT NOTES:
- ACTED is committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse in the framework of its programs in Syria. The successful candidate will be required to adhere to ACTED Code of conduct and ACTED Global Policies especially regar
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.