JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 6335
Job Title: IT Officer
Application deadline: 29.01.2022
Duty Station: Hassaka
- Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent 2-3 years of technical work experience.
- Microsoft or Cisco-related certifications, or equivalent experience is required.
- PC Support experience, A+ and MCP certificates are desired.
- At least five years experience in IT profession
- Outlook experience required, Exchange experience desired.
- Experience installing, configuring, and managing both wired and wireless LAN, and firewalls.
- Computer imaging skills required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
(1) Installation & Configuration of:
- Windows Server, desktop/laptop hardware and software, and peripherals.
- Local Area Network, wireless network, peer-to-peer or client server architecture, as appropriate.
- Windows 10 operating system on workstations, Windows Server 2008 on servers, Active directory domain and essential network services.
(2) Maintenance, Repair & Security:
- Perform preventative maintenance on all the organization`s computers and network resources.
- Create backup solutions for office/individual users and provide the necessary training on the use of these back-up solutions.
- Update appropriate network security procedures to safeguard system from physical harm, viruses, unauthorized users and damage to data.
- Create and maintain organization`s computer software/hardware inventory ensuring accuracy.
- Create and maintain network file to include IP address, system access, email creation system etc.
- Diagnose hardware and software faults by questioning clients patiently about a problem and explaining the procedures to them.
- Working towards a successful resolution of the problems clients present.
- Managing firewall to ensure accessing internet is in line with the organization`s standards.
- Investigate local Internet connectivity options to obtain adequate bandwidth for Intranet and application connectivity – with the organization`s Global Network. Advise the country office and Global IT accordingly.
- Responding within agreed time limits to helpdesk calls
(3) Training, Evaluation, & Testing:
- Develop and implement user and support staff training, including training on basic care and maintenance of computers and equipment for users.
- Test and evaluate new technology as requested by IT Manager.
- Advise site managers of the technology available to help accomplish their tasks and goals, and help them develop a technology implementation plan inclusive of system design and staff training.
- Maintain coordination with identified IT focal points in field offices and provide required technical support to ensure proper functioning of the system there
- Review and evaluate current systems for remote support and management, offering solutions and project plans for expanded remote support structures.
- Prepare and submit trip reports that provide sufficient detail for HQ to understand the Field office’s computer environment, needs, IT staff availability and skill levels and future plans.
(4) Policies & Protocols:
- Develop plan for repair of dysfunctional laptops, desktop computers, photocopiers, printers, etc.
- Develop appropriate protocols for regular maintenance of all the organization`s computer related equipment.
- Identify through tender process, as per standard organization`s policies and procedures, local supply chain for the organization`s IT requirements in country.
(5) Policies & Protocols:
- Conduct site visits to field offices on a regular basis to ensure required technical support is provided.
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.