JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 6378
Job Title: Shelter Officer
Application deadline: 09.02.2022
Duty Station: Raqqa
Studies: Degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering
Experience: Practical experience in engineering, including survey, planning and execution of building construction projects especially the schools
Minimum of 3-4 years’ relevant work experience
Knowledge on the specification of engineering and construction materials.
Languages: Good level of writing and speaking in English language
IT: Computer Skills including MS Office and AutoCAD
Qualification: Extensive knowledge of shelter and WASH –related technical guidelines and standards
Work experience with IDP communities is preferred.
Setting up the activities /control and supervision
- Organize and carry out, with his/her team, tasks assigned by his/her Project Manager
- Plan tool, material and monitoring equipment needs
- Anticipate logistics issues (transport, communications)
- Supervise and monitor each stage of the construction projects. Ensure that specifications, drawings and instructions given by his/her Project Manager, as well as Solidarités procedures, are followed
- Respect schedules and deadlines agreed upon with his/her Project Manager
- Work under the supervision of Shelter supervisor to assist the team in the preparation of Bill of Quantities – technical scope of works, drawings, and specification for Shelter projects.
- Monitor the quality and quantity of material delivered to working sites
- Supervise and monitor contractor work and/or repairs done by the beneficiaries themselves.
- Take part to the evaluation of the technical competence of contractors
- Ensure contractors follow health and safety procedures
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by Project Manager.
Reporting / communication
- Keep his/her monitoring tools and files archived in the Solidarités office, accessible to his/her Supervisor and/or project manager
- Take part in the drafting of project progress reports under the supervision of the Shelter program manager
- Report back any problems, safety issues and constraints encountered during the course of the construction activities and suggest operational solutions
- Take part in seminars and workshops related to the carrying-out of activities and to project objectives
- Report to the Supervisor regarding the development of activities and specific tasks that he/she has been assigned, any problems encountered and the quality of relations with the beneficiaries
- Make sure that the security rules are perfectly well known understood and followed by the contractors or daily workers.
- Listen to the local population and authorities in order to identify any needs, complaints, or major events which could affect the activities of Solidarités
- Analyse the humanitarian situation by taking into account protection issues/Do No Harm to the population
- Take part in lessons learnt workshops and other program evaluation activities.
- Collaborate with local authorities and administration
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.