JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 6489
Job Title: Protection Officer-Reannouncement
Application deadline: 22.02.2022
Duty Station: Deir Ezzor
- University degree in Social Sciences or another related field.
- A high standard of written and verbal English is essential.
- Knowledge of and experience conducting trainings in; Child Protection, GBV minimum standards, principles of protection mainstreaming and safeguarding.
- Experience in working with children, adolescents and families who have complex needs.
- Strong leadership skills and experience in managing a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and nonviolent communication skills.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Commitment to the organizational equal opportunity and gender practices.
- Flexibility under pressure and in response to changing needs.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Former NGO work experience is highly desired.
Supervision and support to Protection activities
- Supervise Protection Assistants and implement relevant probation and PDR processes.
- Support Protection Assistants to implement relevant probation and PDR processes with Protection Facilitators.
- Complete a comprehensive induction for new staff members joining the protection program.
- Support the Protection Manager to ensure the allocated budget for Protection is utilized effectively and in line with the approved budget.
- Work with the Protection Assistants to develop detailed implementation work plans and provide the necessary guidance and support to the team to achieve timely and quality implementation of activities.
Training and community linkages
- Support in the integration and training of the organization staff in protection mainstreaming (e.g. gender equality, accountability) across our different programs.
- Assist in training staff and educating beneficiaries on issues related to safeguarding including the prevention of sexual abuse and exploitation (PSEA).
- Frequently liaise with local authorities and other organizations for projects approvals and successful activity integration.
- Ensure that all staff within the Der Zour office are aware of the referral pathways within the organization .
Reporting, quality control and monitoring and accountability
- Prepare donor monthly reports in English according to agreed timelines on activities undertaken in the protection program.
- Support MEAL team, in developing and implementing M&E tools and data collection methods, which contribute to continual learning and program quality, and prepare case studies.
- Comply with all our policies and procedures (P4, finance, logistics, HR, security management etc.).
- Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the line manager.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted .
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format .
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.