JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 6577
Job Title: MISSION TECHNICAL REFERENT WATSAN
Application deadline: 08.03.2022
Duty Station: Hassakeh – with frequent travel to the project sites
Leading the WatSan activities in the projects (Hassekeh, Raqqa and Hassekeh DC) providing technical guidance and ensuring the correct implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the overall content of all WatSan programs in the projects, its national policies, guidelines and common practices, in accordance with the organization protocols, standards and policies in order to optimize the mission’s response to the needs of the target population and ensure an optimal running of the project
- In collaboration with the Country Management Team (CMT), and the WatSanCo/WatSan Advisor, elaborating the WatSan strategies and activities for the country and /or mission, ensuring compliance with essential WatSan requirements, in order to prioritize objectives and plan activities accordingly
- In collaboration with medical teams, conducting assessments, identifying WatSan needs, and based on findings, recommending appropriate responses to CMT. Contributing to the development of project proposals and/or work plans, when WatSan is integrated in medical interventions
- Being responsible at mission level for the supervision and monitoring of the WatSan activities, ensuring that the works are done following the organization protocols, national policies and state regulations and project specifications.
- Validating the technicity of the WatSan projects in the mission, participating in the planning, project design and development and ensuring compliance with the local legislation and practices.
- Planning and organizing, in collaboration with the Logistics Coordinator, the purchase of required materials and equipment, in order to ensure appropriate technical specifications, stock management and timely deliveries
- Developing community participation strategies related to the improvement of WatSan practices, engaging local authorities or other non-governmental actors, in order to improve the standard of living conditions of the target population
- Coordinating the implementation of WatSan reporting systems, project standards and indicators (both qualitative and financial) in order to ensure the expected quality, terms and costs and to early detect/report potential deviations and propose solutions, in collaboration with the Medical, Logistical and the Financial Coordinators
- Identifying, collaborating and providing main support in the WatSan technical representatives of the national interlocutors like ministries or national suppliers. Preparing all WatSan technical content in the national and international tenders and participating in the selection committee.
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR Co, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her hierarchical supervision in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Writing the WatSan part of SitRep, monthly WatSan reports, collaborating with other members of CMT for quarterly reports
Support mission wide facilities:
Position is based in Hassekeh
Ensure minimum IPC and water/sanitation needs are met at all the organization bases and the organization support facilities, both medical and non-medical. Support the Al Hol Watsan team on request
Including technical support for cleaning, food preparation and ensuring minimum hygiene standards are adopted in all the organization locations.
Support management of destruction of expired drugs of the mission.
Assist in assessments ad hoc around the region.
COVID emergency response:
Under the direction of MTL/MedCo/IPC manager as required provide technical assistance to and implementation of Water and Sanitation around COVID response project / activities not limited to training, meeting minimum IPC standards, ensuring adequate medical and non-medical waste management, ensure minimum Watsan standards met in all health care facilities and setup of emergency response project. This may include construction or rehabilitation of existing structures / waste management areas.
Work with the WatSanCo to maintain emergency preparedness in the mission.
Remain available to respond to emergencies should they arise.
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Job Family: Medical
Work place: Hassakeh – with frequent travel to the project sites
Contract of Employment: Fixed-Terms-Contract for 6 months, renewable
How to Apply:
Important to follow, otherwise the application will not be considered”
· Applicants must send their CV in English only, cover letter and Education Certificates to the email (email@example.com ) no later than: 05:00 PM8/3/2022
· Applications must clearly state “MISSION TECHNICAL REFERENT WATSAN” in the subject line of the email.
· Applicants must clearly state their experiences in Month/Year basis in their CVs.
· Please send the application once only.
- Incomplete applications will not be consider. (no job title indicated, applications submitted by paper, no motivation letter and/or CV)