JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 6589
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Application deadline: 09.03.2022
Duty Station: Deir Ezzor
- At least 1 year demonstrated work experience in finance field or equivalent demonstrated analytic skills.
- Good English /minimum B1.
- Computer skills (MS Office pack; Good Excel Skills)
- Reliable, committed, easy-going, team player with the ability to function well independently
- University degree in relevant field.
- Experience in working in the humanitarian sector.
- Managing cash and Safe on a daily basis (available amount, balance checks, security)
- Updating the physical and excels books and send it to line manager
- Prepare cash request base on the need and receive it
- Maintain safe key book movement log and cashbook up-to-date and accurately on an ongoing basis.
- Prepare Non-petty cash report
- Updating exchange rate on daily basis
- Money transfer and receive Hawala and pay for suppliers, contractors in Hawala agent according to CWW procedure
- Pay salaries/cash-for-work payments/daily worker payments/Drivers/Medical reimbursement
- Checking no signature or support documents are missing before proceeding the payments
- Ensure all correct procedures, including authorisation and holding limits, with respect to floats are being adhered to in Deir Azzour office.
- Ensure cash counts are being performed on a weekly and monthly basis in Deir Azzour office.
- Act as a primary liaison with Suppliers to ensure they can travel to the Hawala agent to collect payment at the appropriate time.
- Act as a primary liaison with the local Hawala agents
- Witness and verify all Hawala payments in Deir Azzour.
- Ensure all procedures and controls around Hawala payment process are being followed in Deir Azzour office.
- Ensure relevant hardcopy and soft copy files are appropriately maintained.
- Filling of Finance documents (archive according to CWW filling system)
- Liases with Syria Finance Officer to discuss and resolve any issues as required.
- Ensure that the appropriate finance procedures are set up and operational in Deir Azzour office (e.g. Hawala payments, cash movements, back-up check, authority levels, coding, payments, filing, floats etc).
- Managing the collection of national staff timesheets for Raqqa before submission to Syria Finance Manager.
- Cooperate with Logistics Officers/Assistants ensure regular physical stock counts (monthly) reconciling physical stocks with stock cards and/or stationery lists according to existing Concern logistics procedures.
- Support the organization work in Iraq and Syria by undertaking other tasks as directed by Syria Finance Manager, Country Director or Country Financial Controller.
- Be aware of, understand and comply with all of our policies and procedures (Code of Conduct finance, logistics, HR, security management etc).
- Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Country Director, Country Financial Controller or Syria Finance Manager.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted .
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format .
the number of positions is 1
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.