JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 6602
Job Title: IT/Logistics Assistant
Application deadline: 13.03.2022
Duty Station: Al-Hasakeh, NES Syria
EDUCATION / SKILLES NEEDED
- Attention to detail, anticipation and follow up are core values of the job function while maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality regarding contracts and salaries.
- Possesses strong organizational and problem solving skills within a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
- Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be a humble team player.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, taking on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Knowledge of computer systems and its applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel including formulas/formatting.
- Must have analytical and report writing skills.
- High level of integrity and stewardship.
- Committed to the SP values and ethics.
- Above average mathematic skills
Arabic, and English required (spoken and written).
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk and run; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be exposed to loud noises around the maintenance and construction workshops.
- May travel in country with exposure to communicable diseases, hot and humid weather conditions.
- Work in a security context that is fluid
The IT/Logistics Assistant will work in direct support of all Organization Programs in the NES He/She will be responsible for the effective and timely maintenance and support of all Information and Communication Technology and support Logistic Department. He/She will assist in planning for future IT needs and Logs needs. Conduct themselves in accordance with the Organization field operating manuals, policies, procedures and guidelines at all times. Performing all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Organization with a generous and serving spirit.
IT – INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY:
- Maintain, and support IT equipment and collaborate with local service and equipment providers. The equipment can include laptops, printers, scanners, copiers, servers, UPSs, wireless and wired networks, point-to-point connections, HF/VHF/UHF radios, GPS units, and any other IT equipment Organization acquires.
- Ensure the security of and limited access to confidential data as required by local law, the CD, and/or IHQ.
- Ensure and maintain a stable Internet connection for each site that requires one.
- Assist and support organization staff in with daily issues and the use of IT equipment.
- Assist and train staff on the use of software and equipment (Microsoft Office, shared folders, radios, GPS units, etc.).
- Provide the IT Manager with weekly status updates, in addition to any in-country reporting requirements (to be determined by manager).
- Perform any oth/er duty that may be assigned by their manager and/or the technical advisor.
- Track IT assets and update fixed asset system.
- Work closely with logistics department. Assisting the Logistics Officers in daily coordination of organization procurement activities.
- Abide by fair competition and strictly adhere to organization procurement policies.
- Updating the stock register and stock reports and conduct a monthly physical inventory.
- Assist in track fleet and getting vehicle log sheets by end of each month and help in driver’s needs.
- Assist the Logistic Officer in updating asset register and maintain documentation related to assets and ensure all purchases of assets are recorded and tagged before being delivered to users and assist in preparing document for disposal of assets as necessary.
- He / She will assist the team with Fleet duties for the base.
- He / She will assist the team with tracking the generators their maintenance and fuel for the base.
- He / She will assist the team with Base management duties for the base.
- He / She will assist the team with Asset and Warehousing duties as needed for the base.
- Complete other activities as directed by the Line Manager and performing all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of organization with a generous and serving spirit.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.