JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 6603
Job Title: Water quality Assistant
Application deadline: 15.03.2022
Duty Station: Tabqa
- University degree in Chemistry, Biology or related field;
- Previous experience in water quality analysis (FRC, chemical testing, etc…);
- Previous experience with digital data gathering (DDG) applications (Kobo, ODK, iForm builder);
- Ability to visit (on a daily basis) different project sites, in different districts;
- Excellent interpersonal and nonviolent communication skills;
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values;
- Commitment to organization equal opportunity and gender practices;
- Flexibility under pressure and in response to changing needs;
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion;
- Good computer skills, especially Word and Excel;
- Basic written and spoken English skills are essential.
- Former NGO work experience is highly desired.
Supervision and support of water quality activities
- Carry out water testing to randomly selected water collection points to check the level of free chlorine, if it is at acceptable range and advise Senior WASH Technician if an adjustment is necessary in case of lower or higher levels
- Track health centres water-borne diseases reported cases on monthly basis and when deemed necessary, check the presence of free chlorine from water collection points of reported locality and conduct bacteriological water analysis when there is no free chlorine.
- Undertake appropriate water quality testing and disinfection before developing/rehabilitating surface and groundwater supply schemes in the programme area.
- Conduct bacteriological, chemical and physical analysis of water from all sources in the programme area to see if there is likely contamination.
- Ensure acceptable standards are followed regarding Laboratory regulations, safety and handling of chemicals. All material safety data sheets (MSDS) must be easily accessible.
- Prepare water quality reports and update water quality data records.
- Assisting district water departments in the technicalities involved in water source protection and cleaning of water towers as will be required.
- Undertake other duties as may be reasonably requested by the WASH Officer
- Participate in chlorine tablets distributions in villages/informal settlements, and in the related awareness-raising campaign about the need to chlorinate water and the dangers of untreated waters
- Promote and ensure compliance with the requirements of organization Programme Participants Protection Policy and accountability commitments to ensure maximum protection to Programme beneficiaries across the programmes.
- Comply with all of policies and procedures (P4, finance, logistics, HR, security management etc).
- Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the line manager.
Advertiser: غير معلن
Only the selected candidates will be confirmed receiving their applications.
The organization adopts the principle of equal opportunities.
Women are encouraged to submit their applications.
The successful candidate must adhere to and strictly enforce the
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
للتقديم يرجى ملء الرابط التالي:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.