JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 6605
Job Title: WASH Project Coordinator
Application deadline: 15.03.2022
Duty Station: Hassakeh
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Minimum 3 years of experience of project implementation in humanitarian/recovery contexts;
- Minimum 2 years of experience of working in in construction, engineering, architecture or equivalent;
- Bachelor Degree or above in civil, structural engineering, architecture or similar;
- Experience of working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Technical Shelter, WASH and Emergency Response expertise;
- Experience of staff and resource management
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile;
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal;
- Fluency in Arabic, both written and verbal;
Context related skills, knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of the context in Syria;
- Experience with remotely managed programming;
- Handling insecure environments
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Planning and delivering results
- Strategic thinking
- Initiating action and change
- Project Cycle Management (PCM) & Implementation. As delegated by line-manager, responsible for the successful implementation of all Shelter & WASH projects delivered through direct modality throughout the full project cycle. The position-holder will be required to represent the Shelter & WASH project team in PCM meetings and to produce key PCM documentation (e.g. M&E Matrix, Procurement Plans, etc.).
- Capacity Building. As delegated by line-manager, responsible for supporting the successful capacity building of ORG and partner Shelter & WASH staff in relevant competencies. This includes – but not limited to – ensuring performance management of all junior Shelter & WASH project team members (including regular 1:1 meetings), identification of capacity building needs, and planning and resourcing capacity building initiatives within the framework of the ORG Syria Response strategies, tools and guidelines.
- Technical Quality. Support the Project Manager in ensuring implementation of high-quality Shelter & WASH projects by ORG, in accordance with the agreed ORG Syria Response Office and CC Strategies, tools and guidelines. This includes – but is not limited to – ensuring the achievement of Value-for-Money; compliance with global, national and local standards; ensuring the compliance of all Shelter & WASH projects with Housing, Land and Property (HLP) requirements; meaningful consultation with affected populations throughout the project-cycle; needs-based targeting and selection; and integration with other Core Competencies where relevant.
- Programme Development. Contribute input into the Syria Response (country-level) Shelter & WASH programme development initiatives. This may include – but not limited to – collecting data on context & needs analysis, over-seeing primary needs assessment, pilot activities and meaningful engagement in relevant forums and learning events. The position-holder may be requested to represent the Area Office Shelter & WASH project team at ORG Syria Response Shelter & WASH workshops, Community-of-Practice meetings/calls, project update meetings, trainings and other related events.
- Project M&E. As delegated by line-manager, responsible for accurate and high-quality monitoring and evaluation of ORG Shelter & WASH or related activities, including information management and archiving. This will include – but is not limited to – the successful implementation of construction/process, output and outcome monitoring conducted by ORG, implementing partners and/or third parties. M&E activities will be conducted in accordance with the Syria Response M&E Strategy, tools and guidelines.
- Reporting. As delegated by line manager, responsible for accurate and high-quality contributions to the reporting of ORG/partner Shelter and WASH Area-level achievements through all relevant reporting mechanisms. This includes, but is not limited to, internal reporting mechanisms (e.g. ORG GOORS, Protection Reports), donor reports and inter-agency reporting of achievements (E.g. 4Ws).
- Protection Mainstreaming. Responsible for supporting protection mainstreaming in all Shelter & WASH or related activities throughout the project-cycle. This includes ensuring safety and dignity of beneficiaries, understanding their diverse needs, enabling meaningful access to ORG’s services, ensuring adequate accountability to affected populations, ensuring adequate participation and consultation, and supporting the realisation of their human rights. All project activities will be conducted in accordance with the Protection Mainstreaming Strategy, tools and guidelines.
- Coordination & Representation. As delegated by line-manager, responsible for representing ORG Shelter & WASH programmes in Camp-level coordination mechanisms, in formal and informal forums and through bilateral (peer) coordination. Representation and promote strong working relationships with government counterparts and that stakeholders are informed on ORG’s activities.
- Logistics, Finance, and Human Resource Management. Supports the project manager in budget management for all Shelter & WASH projects/portfolio implemented in the Area. Responsible for ensuring appropriate Financial and Logistical ORG systems/ procedures are adhered to within the Shelter & WASH team (including supply chain management), ensuring timely and accurate development of procurement plans, recruitment plans, and spending plans per project and sharing these with relevant support colleagues, timely submission of monthly CC-specific cash forecast to Finance and relevant Procurement Requests to Logistics, continuously and proactively plan CC-specific staff requirements and liaise with HR and Admin to ensure the same.
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.