JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 6607
Job Title: Shelter Project Officer
Application deadline: 15.03.2022
Duty Station: Hassakeh
Generic professional competencies:
- Minimum 2 years of experience of working in in a humanitarian/recovery context or equivalent;
- Minimum 2 years of experience of working in in construction, engineering, architecture or equivalent;
- Bachelor Degree or above in civil, structural engineering, architecture or similar;
- Experience of working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Technical Shelter and WASH and Emergency Response expertise
- Fluency in Arabic, both written and verbal;
- English Knowledge, both written and verbal, is an asset.
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the context in Syria;
- Experience with remotely managed programming.
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environment
- Project Implementation. As delegated by line-manager, responsible for supporting the successful implementation of all Shelter and WASH projects delivered through direct modality throughout the full project implementation process.
- Technical Quality. Responsible for supporting technical quality in accordance with the agreed ORG Syria Response Office and CC Strategies, tools and guidelines. This includes – but not limited to – ensuring the compliance of all Shelter and WASH projects with Housing, Land and Property (HLP) requirements, meaningful consultation with affected populations throughout the project-cycle, needs-based targeting and selection, and integration with other Core Competencies (where relevant).
- Assessments. As delegated by line-manager, responsible for supporting Shelter and WASH technical components of Area Office-level needs assessment. This includes – but not limited to – Rapid Needs Assessments (RNAs), Multi-Sector Needs Assessments (MSNAs), Detailed/Sectoral Assessments, and construction assessments (including BoQs).
- Safe Programming. Responsible for supporting safe Programming approach in all Shelter and WASH or related activities throughout the project cycle. This includes – but not limited to – ensuring safety and dignity of beneficiaries, understanding their diverse needs, enabling meaningful access to ORG’s services, ensuring adequate accountability to affected populations, ensuring adequate participation and consultation, and supporting the realisation of their human rights. All project activities will be conducted in accordance with the Safe Programming Strategy, tools and guidelines.
- Project Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E). As delegated by line-manager, responsible for accurate and high-quality Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) of ORG Shelter and WASH or related activities, including information management and archiving. This includes – but not limited to – the successful implementation of distribution/process, output and outcome monitoring conducted by ORG. M&E activities will be conducted in accordance with the Syria Response M&E Strategy, tools and guidelines.
- Reporting. As delegated by line manager, responsible for accurate and high-quality contributions to the reporting of ORG Shelter and WASH Area-level achievements through all relevant reporting mechanisms. This includes, but is not limited to, internal reporting mechanisms (e.g. ORG GORS), donor reports and inter-agency reporting of achievements (E.g. 4Ws).
- Collaboration. The position-holder is responsible for maintaining a collaborative working environment with other team members; within the Shelter and WASH project team, within other Core Competencies and with the Support Team.
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.