JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 6609
Job Title: WASH Technical Assistant (Hygiene)
Application deadline: 15.03.2022
Duty Station: 2 positions in Al Hole Camp – HSK, 2 positions in Serekaniye Camp – HSK
Generic professional competencies:
- Minimum of 1 year Experience from working in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Minimum of 1 year of experience of working in water resources, sanitation or equivalent
- Bachelor Degree in civil, structural engineering, architecture or similar
- Experience of working in complex and volatile contexts
- Fluency in Arabic, both written and verbal
- English Knowledge, both written and verbal, is an asset
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the context in Syria
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Link with WASH technical team to assess and analyse public health needs in IDP, refugees’ camps and host communities’ locations whenever needed.
Establish strong WASH committees with the roles and responsibilities
Select and establish volunteers from the IDPs and refugees to engage the population to disseminate information
Support and strength the capacity of WASH committees which is going to be established and other groups to carry out health promotion activities.
Supervise and monitor the volunteers and WASH committees
Work closely with other WASH and Shelter technical team to ensure an integrated approach to all programme activities.
To regularly monitor and report on public health promotion and social conditions prevailing in the community.
Assist the information management officer and technical assistants to establish monitoring framework, data base and PDM related to hygiene promotion activities
Provide regular feedback to the WASH Officer on progress of hygiene awareness and promotion activities.
Set up programme impact/process monitoring systems and IDPs camp secondary data relating to disease patterns, facilities and other related programs
Based on the work plan given by the WASH Officer, prepare work plan daily (monthly &weekly) and report the achievements to the WASH Officer
Assist in the identification of vulnerable groups to be targeted for hygiene education and promotion
Lead and coordinate community’s participation aspect in IDPs camps
Capacity building of the WASH committees and volunteers working in hygiene promotion.
Support the WASH and Shelter technical team in mobilizing and training committees to improve their skills in promoting positive hygiene and sanitation behaviour and practices.
To ensure that all hygiene promotion works are meeting the standards.
Beneficiaries feedback and reports management
- Regularly conduct the water and sanitation facilities and water trucking, house hold water usage are meeting their demand and satisfaction the beneficiaries to maintain current information for accurate documentation and reporting.
- Record the results and feedback / complaints and maintain feedback response on hygiene education and promotion
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned by the project officer
- Project Implementation. As delegated by line-manager, responsible for supporting the successful implementation of all WASH projects delivered through direct modality throughout the full project cycle.
- Technical Support: As delegated by line-manager, provide technical support to WASH projects such as tents, construction of educational learning spaces and rehabilitation of shelters activities and infrastructure. This includes supporting compliance with relevant minimum standards during registration and identification of beneficiaries and implementing M&E activities such as post-distribution monitoring surveys and focus group discussions.
- Assessments. As delegated by line-manager, responsible for supporting WASH technical components of Area Office-level needs assessment. This will include Rapid Needs Assessments (RNAs), Multi-Sector Needs Assessments (MSNAs), Detailed/Sectoral Assessments, and construction assessments (including BoQs).
- Safe Programming. Responsible for supporting a safe Programming approach in all WASH or related activities throughout the project cycle. This includes – but not limited to – ensuring safety and dignity of beneficiaries, understanding their diverse needs, enabling meaningful access to ORG’s services, ensuring adequate accountability to affected populations, ensuring adequate participation and consultation, and supporting the realisation of their human rights. All project activities will be conducted in accordance with the ORG Syria Protection Approach, tools and guidelines.
- Project Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E). As delegated by line-manager, responsible for accurate and high-quality Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) of ORG WASH or related activities, including information management and archiving. This will include – but is not limited to – the successful implementation of construction/process, output and outcome monitoring conducted by ORG, implementing partners and/or third parties. M&E activities will be conducted in accordance with the Syria Response M&E Strategy, tools and guidelines.
- Collaboration. The position holder is responsible for maintaining a collaborative working environment with other team members, both within the Shelter & WASH project team, within other Core Competencies and with the Support Team.
- Reporting. As delegated by line manager, collaborate in accurate and high-quality reporting of ORG shelter Area-level achievements through all relevant reporting mechanisms.
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.