JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 6612
Job Title: WASH Team leader
Application deadline: 20.03.2022
Duty Station: Hassakeh
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Minimum 2 years of experience of working in in a humanitarian/recovery context or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of experience of working WASH programming in water and sanitation, construction, engineering, architecture or equivalent
- Bachelor Degree in water engineering, sanitation engineering, civil, structural engineering, architecture or similar
- Experience of working in complex and volatile contexts
- Technical Shelter, WASH and Emergency Response expertise
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in Arabic, both written and verbal;
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context related skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the context in Syria
- Experience of AutoCAD, Epanet, WaterCAD or similar software
- Handling insecure environments
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Planning and delivering results
- Project implementation: Ensure quality implementation of construction and rehabilitation works and other Shelter & WASH activities CCs in line with NRC policies and guidelines through production WASH facilities of drawings, BoQs, specifications, checklist for monitoring WASH activities, Key-Informant Interviews and Focus Group discussion reports, workplans, (water supply, water quality testing reports, logbooks, tracker and register entries.
- Assessments: Conduct WASH and other CC specific needs and technical assessment to inform designs. This will include Rapid Needs Assessments, service mapping for WASH infrastructure needs/gaps and construction assessments for other CCs (including reports, BoQs and drawings).
- Team management: Responsible for building trust, team capacity building, performance management and supervision of teams in line with NRC values and HR policy.
- Technical Quality: Responsible for the technical quality of rehabilitation and construction works, supervision of contracts in accordance with the agreed NRC Syria Response Country and CC Strategies, tools and guidelines. This includes – but is not limited to – ensuring compliance with global, national and local standards; Housing, Land and Property (HLP) requirements; meaningful consultation with affected populations throughout the project-cycle; needs-based targeting and selection; and integration with other Core Competencies where relevant.
- Project M&E: Responsible for effective information management and filing of project documents including drawings, completion certificates etc. This will include – but is not limited to – the successful implementation of construction/process, output and outcome monitoring by NRC staff, contractors and suppliers.
- Reporting: As delegated by line manager, responsible for accurate and high-quality contributions to the reporting of NRC/partner Shelter and WASH Area-level achievements through all relevant reporting mechanisms. This includes, but is not limited to, internal reporting mechanisms (e.g. NRC GOORS, Protection Reports), donor reports and inter-agency reporting of achievements (E.g. 4Ws, attendance of camp-level meetings).
- Protection Mainstreaming: Responsible for supporting protection mainstreaming in all Shelter & WASH or related activities throughout the project-cycle. This includes – but is not limited to – ensuring safety and dignity of beneficiaries, understanding their diverse needs, enabling meaningful access to NRC’s services, ensuring adequate accountability to affected populations, ensuring adequate participation and consultation, and supporting the realisation of their human rights. All project activities will be conducted in accordance with the Protection Mainstreaming Strategy, tools and guidelines.
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.