JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 6622
Job Title: Finance Officer
Application deadline: 15.03.2022
Duty Station: Al Hasaka
- BA degree in accounting or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- An advanced degree in any related area
- 1-3 years of previous experience in a similar position
- Development oriented NGO experience.
- Experience of Financial software such as the people soft System.
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Well organized and ability to act in a professional and ethical manner;
- Firm belief in teamwork, gender equality, participatory approach and sustainable development.
- High level of expertise in using Microsoft Word & Excel
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work on one’s own and complete tasks and produce high quality output.
- Should be customer focused, communicating with impact and managing performance effectively.
- Proactive in problem solving, initiating actions and making operational decisions.
- Check invoices by verifying mathematical accuracy and ensuring that appropriate procurement authorization and supporting documentation are attached.
- Consult with Administration and Procurement staff at all times on completeness of supporting documentation for all payment requests, and take necessary action to expedite settlement of all outstanding invoices or utility bills.
- Check all payment requests for travel related expenses and advances to staff ensuring that payments are supported by the relevant documentation i.e. TER,
- Review and ensure all salary and benefits payments for contract staff and consultants are valid and supported by current contracts.
- Review the cash receipts or bank deposit slips for booking Cash receipt in to financial software.
- Adjust appropriate sub-legers of staff or vendor for all deposits slips in to the bank.
- Record receipts from donor in AR for all fund received from donor for the project activities.
- Enter adjusting transaction in to financial Software as advised by Financial Controller.
- Attach all relevant supporting documents with the adjusting vouchers.
- Review the cashbook balances after each payment run to ensure checks processed hit the right cashbook. Also ensure that NES cash budget is prepared in a timely manner to facilitate the immediate replenishment of funds to meet operations.
- Receive monthly bank statement from all banks and prepare monthly bank reconciliation and cash recap every month.
- Review and clear reconciling items as much as possible.
- Take a lead role in facilitating timely, quality administrative support function delivery in the time of emergency response
- Guides and supports management on staff security concerns
- Promote a safe and secure work environment; foster a safety and security culture; and ensure consistent application of, and compliance with, NES safety and security policies and procedures
- Other duties and Responsibilities assigned by the supervisor
The function of the Finance Officer is to ensure the effective and efficient financial operations of the NES Office. The Finance Officer is responsible for checking all accounting reports before uploading/in-putting in the financial software. S/he will be responsible for the calculation of national staff severance accruals/ end of service benefits.
This position has a primary responsibility of disbursement all payment request by entering all transaction in to the financial software timely and correctly. The incumbent is also responsible for preparation of bank reconciliation statements and cash recap on a monthly basis, follow up for the settlement of project/travel advance with staff and vendor advances with procurement and process for the monthly staff payroll
The Finance officer profile includes: very strong accounting and finance knowledge, analytical skills, attention to detail, ability to work effectively under time pressure, team player, and proactive individual with ability to offer structured guidance, ability to ensure that the right priorities are identified and proven experience of training of non-finance staff, and proficiency in Excel and financial software packages.
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Contract period: till 30th August 2022 (with possibility to extend)
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.