JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 6627
Job Title: Livestock Veterinary
Application deadline: 15 March 2022, 11:00 pm
Duty Station: Duty Station: Al-Hasakeh, NES Syria
- Attention to detail, anticipation, and follow-up are core values of the job function while maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality regarding contracts and salaries.
- Skills and experience in veterinarian-related responsibilities.
- Able to work in coordination with local councils and government veterinary department.
- Possesses strong organizational and problem-solving skills within a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
- Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be a humble team player.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, taking on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Knowledge of computer systems and their applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel including formulas/formatting.
- He/she must have analytical and report writing skills.
- High level of integrity and stewardship.
- Committed to our organization’s values and ethics.
- Above-average mathematical skills.
Education / Experience Needed
- University degree in Veterinarian Science, Animal Husbandry, or related field.
- Experience leading training for youth and adults.
- At least four years of relevant work experience.
Kurmanji Kurdish, Arabic, and English required.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or schedule form.
(Managers should adjust this part according to the job responsibilities)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to travel to the field. The employee is required to stand for long hours while attending to animals and training animal owners. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk and run; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
o The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be exposed to loud noises around the maintenance and construction workshops.
o May travel in country with exposure to communicable diseases, hot and humid weather conditions.
o Work in a security context that is fluid
In support of the Program Manager, the Veterinary will support the implementation of livestock, namely sheep procurement, distribution, and veterinary extension activities as assigned. The Veterinary will spend significant time in the field with beneficiaries to make sure that all activities are implemented with quality and beneficiaries are supported and respected. The Veterinary will also be responsible for conducting and supervising animal health and vaccinations. The Veterinary will perform all other tasks and responsibilities as assigned for the benefit of the Organization with a generous and serving spirit.
- Support the implementation of sheep activities by selecting beneficiaries, meeting regularly with beneficiaries, collecting required documentation, assisting in training initiatives, and other tasks as assigned.
- Coordinate with local vendors and Program Manager to arrange for the procurement of project supplies and inputs.
- Performing professional veterinary services like conducting health examinations and vaccinations as well as collecting and filling the required health documentation.
- Conduct beneficiary selection interviews and data collection.
- Frequently check in with beneficiaries to ensure proper support and that they are following the parameters of the program.
- Support in the procurement of required materials and management of selected vendor(s).
- Utilize technical expertise to support the smooth, timely, and quality implementation of programming.
- Support in the creation and implementation of programmatic plans, monitoring and evaluation (M&E), and beneficiary selection.
- Follow the program’s standard operating procedures and SP policies.
- Assist the Program Manager in compiling reports, financial documentation, beneficiary documentation, and other veterinary-related programmatic documents.
- Coordinate with the various departments (IT, HR, Finance, etc.) as requested to ensure the smooth implementation of assigned duties.
- Complete other activities as directed by the Program Manager
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.