JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 6631
Job Title: Senior. Finance Officer – Budget & Reporting
Application deadline: 26.03.2022
Duty Station: Derek, Al Hassekah Governorate, Syria
- Education: A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or Finance, or equivalent technical training certificate in Accounting. Approximately 2 – 4 years of relevant working experience of accounting of which, minimum 1-2 years` experience in Budgeting and Reporting.
- Experience: Working experience in budget preparation, budget management, and financial reports will be an added advantage. This job requires strong analytical skills to be able to make a logical and strategic budget decision, an advanced qualification in Microsoft excel.
- Skills and Abilities: Must be able to function comfortably in a loosely structured but complex work environment, working and prioritizing multiple tasks. Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) in English. Good supervisory, time management and interpersonal skills. Excellent computer skills. Must be able to work under minimal supervision.
- The Sr. Finance Officer – Budget & Reporting will assist the Finance Coordinator – Budget & Reporting for new budget preparations.
- Under the guidance of the Finance Coordinator – Budget & Reporting, conduct a thorough preparation of new budgets and existing grant budget revisions ensuring that all costs are covered and are not under/over budgeted in addition to the correct use of the Organization and donor budget formats.
- Work with the Finance Coordinator – Budget & Reporting for monthly Shared Program cost Allocation.
- Calculate and Insert the correct SPC for all new grants budgets.
- Prepare the monthly Budget Versus Actual (BVA) reports and distribute according to agrred schedule.
- Prepare and update spending plan for all active grants in conjunction with the appropriate budget holders.
- Review the budget spending and advice relevant staff on spending status and ask for feedback on all over/under spending.
- Review and update the commitments lists from SC, Admin& HR to be included in monthly BvA’s.
- Make sure that all expenses comply with donors’ requirement, linked reporting templates with Organization template, and advice Finance staff for necessary action and follow up.
- Prepare grant Trial balance and reconciliation on a monthly bases and follow up with finance for any pending balance.
- Participate in the monthly Grant review meetings and present the spending status. Follow up on the action points based on the comments from the meeting.
- Attend and provide support in all grant opening, review and closing meetings.
- Provide support and feedback to Operations and Program managers for all questions regarding the BVAs.
- Prepare the new budget line coding (T2 codes) for each new grant, and mapping them to donor budget and financial report, and update in SUN system and ensure the sun system match with the BVA system and donor agreements.
- Assist in preparing Donor Financial reports for all grants for review by the Budget and reporting manager.
- Update the staff salary mapping, follow up on SPCA table update and propose to budget manager and FC for review and further approval
- Review organization Internal documents ( PRs, recruitment request, Staff extension, change of status, TAF).
- Check sub-grantee reports and arrange payments to them with FC check and CD approval
- Prepared the amortization sheet and amortization JVs ( including Rental, Med and life insurance,etc) on a monthly basis
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.